What's going on with Nokia?

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Is Nokia going completely android once their devices division is completely bought out?
What does this mean for the 90% of WP's that are nokias? Will they be Microsoft Lumias, or still Nokia?
Will Nokia make another devices division and sell android phones exclusively?
I'm slightly confused about Nokia current events lol

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Is Nokia going completely android once their devices division is completely bought out?
What does this mean for the 90% of WP's that are nokias? Will they be Microsoft Lumias, or still Nokia?
Will Nokia make another devices division and sell android phones exclusively?
I'm slightly confused about Nokia current events lol

What are you being paranoid about?
It's 1 (one) Android phone. That's it.
No "Nokia will abandon WP" or "Nokia, Android exclusive".

Samsung and HTC also make WP phones and no Android fan is paniking about them to stop making Android phones.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Well Microsoft is going take ownership and the Nokia brand will disappear next year and you will see only Microsoft instead of Nokia in mobile phone.

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
True, but it seems like true Nokia WPs are gonna disappear entirely. I don't care if Nokia makes android handsets but if Microsoft makes 90% of WPs then there's no telling whether the build quality will increase or diminish IMO and that makes me slightly worried. I think MS software married with Nokia's handsets is the best pairing ever (hence why MS bought em out).
Hard/software integration could be better under one corporate roof but MS has messed up hardware a few times in the past. So, the worst possible outcome (imo) and what I'm worried about is if the WP hardware suffers hurting WP's rep and product enjoyment and Nokia is out of the game.
It'll probably be all good but I'd hate to see WP take a possible hit in the future.

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft's takeover still hasn't been approved (waiting on China) so they are still going ahead with their original plans. If the deal falls through then Nokia can continue with this strategy otherwise Microsoft then owns all Nokia phones including this Android one and can continue it or kill it.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I still don't see the problem. When the deal gets approved and Nokia becomes part of MS, why would the quality of the handsets suffer? MS would work against itself and risk making losses in marketshare.
Google bought the mobile department of Motorola and the handsets (Moto G & X) are IMO better than the Defy & so on (okay, they sold it in the end but hey, at least 2 great devices).

So if anything, I think the MS phones will be even better (MS software + Nokia hardware + working closer together).
Having the OEM in your own house makes it a lot easier (see Apple and iPhones and the counterpart Google and lots and lots and lots of different OEMs).
I think MS phones will be like Google's Nexus series: premium built quality and first to get updates).

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Nokia baffled all of you.
All of this green thing can mean ONE single thing.
X Phones are for the past. Let the brand new ONEs come.

Get it?
No? XBONE PHONE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon