What's up with the HR sensor in my Band 2?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Does the Band 2 have HR sensor issues, or is it just mine? I bought a new one today and all day the HR has been off .. way off.

If I go directly to the HR screen, it always says acquiring for about 20 seconds before it comes back with something completely different. It locks on for about 10 seconds max then goes back to acquiring. For an example, my HR was 165 during a run, and the Band 2 said it was 70 the entire time.

Is this something I can fix on my own, or do I need to return it to the store for a new one? Everything else works very well. The band is snuggly on my bottom wrist. This isn't an issue of whether it is tight or not...

Thanks!

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like you might have a faulty sensor. My first Band 1 last year had a sensor issue. It would take a very long time to lock, and when it did lock, It would read my heart rate between 10 and 30 bpm too high. After a warranty replacement, I never had that type of issue again. I've been using the Band 2 since November. As documented elsewhere in this forum, there are occasional high spikes during workouts with a lot of movement, but it is pretty accurate for measuring heart rate throughout the day.

Askeptic

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Wow, just took me 45 min to make an account to respond...

Anyway, thank you for the heads up! Very helpful. I also did a factory reset and the HR began working again. I will give it a week to see if it continues working. If not, I will take your advice and swap at the local store.

Thanks!

shoepike

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I've found that for me, the inconsistency is linked to how tightly the band is worn. When not exercising, it seems to work fine worn somewhat loosely. However, when exercising, if there is any movement on my arm, the sensor will often fail to read HR (to the point where I'll have gaps in the HR graph). Once I figured out that I had to wear it tighter, it's done much better.

Issac72

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
As mentioned in other posts, HR on Band2 is currently outperforming my former Polar a360 and Fitibit Blaze. While exercising, I wear it 2 inches above wrist bone, inside arm, and tight (but not cutting circulation)

Askeptic

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
That is exactly what happens to me... HR works after the reset, but when performing an exercise where my arms move a lot, like an elliptical, the HR stops reading a lot and it leaves me with incomplete data all around for that exercise.

My wrist falls right between Large/Medium and I followed MS's recommendation to get the large for comfort. I wear it at its tightest setting and it normally wont move unless I swing my arms around during exercise.

I will try what the guy above me said and choke up. I will attempt to put it further up my arm to prevent it from moving at all as trading it for a medium doesn't sound like a good fix. I don't want it to be super tight all the time.

shoepike

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Just like you I'm between a medium and large, went with the large and have to wear it on tightest setting for everyday use. However when I work out I stick a folded tissue on the side of my arm. Not the prettiest solution, but it makes it tight enough not to move and I've had good readings since I started doing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte