What's Your All Time 3 Favorite Daily Drivers?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
(Mods, you can move this thread if it is not in the right place)

The title is simple - what's your top 3 daily drivers of all time?

I'm curious to see who has used the most phones as daily drivers EVER here on WPCentral. You can share your full list and top 3 all time with the following caveat - a daily driver is a phone you have used exclusively for a minimum of three months daily.

So here is the list of daily drivers since my first cellphone in October 2001.

Siemens C-45 (1st ever)
Sony Ericcson T100
Nokia 7210
Sony Ericsson T68i
Nokia 7250i
Siemens CF62 (t mobile version)
Sony Ericcson K600
Sony Ericsson M600
Sony Ericsson P990
BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Blackberry Bold 9550
Blackberry Bold 9650
Blackberry Bold 9700
Blackberry Bold 9780
HTC Touch Diamond
HTC Touch Diamond HD
HTC Kaiser
Nokia E63
Nokia E71
IPhone 3G
IPhone 3GS
HTC Mozart
Samsung Focus S
Nexus One
Samsung Nexus S
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Nokia Lumia 810
Nokia N79
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
HTC Touch
Samsung SGH-D900
HTC 8X - current model

Top 3 all time - Sony Ericsson P990, Nokia E63, HTC Touch Diamond
Honorable mentions - Samsung Focus S, Samsung Nexus S, Blackberry Bold 9700

So what's on your list?

Last edited:

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Siemens S65 - My first smartphone and the first to synchonise calendar and contacts with my computer. She was sexy and perfectly proportioned.
HP 614c - Bought this by combining the budgets for replacement phone and PDAs, this was a radical step forward. Not at all pretty, but robust, reliable and versatile.
Nokia Lumia 920 - My current device and everything it has promised to be. With more to come from both Microsoft/Nokia it has cemented my love affair with Windows phone.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Wow top all time 3 favorite?
Well its sad but my first phone on att was a blue Nokia candy bar phone back in 2001. Just a basic phone and it could be thrown against a wall and still work like a champ! Anyways....
Forgot the name but Verizon and LG had a candy bar phone with two screens one small screen and you open the phone and a full keyboard to text! They made two or three models of that and I loved all of them!!! Last one had a crap touch screen but still loved the keyboard!
Sad but true all the iPhones up to the 4s were all solid investments! All worked great! Could never asked for more! But top 3??

3. iPhone (in general, it didn't a lot for its time! Never had issues with them! Just got bored that's all)
2. Samsung Note, tough call! Would say the Note 2 but this phone got me into the phablets and showed me that there was more out there than apple!
1. Nokia Lumia 1020.....could say the 920, since that's what introduced me to WP 8, but with the 1020 Nokia really showed me how much could be done in a small package!! And I am not a small phone guy!

Honorable mention: HTC One X+

waddupsam

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
3. Nokia 3310, always served me well! Also one of my first phones!
2/1. This has to be a draw between Sony Ericsson W550i and Lumia 920! My favorite phones of all time, miles ahead of others!

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
3: Moto Q9. Goes back in time a bit, but was a tough little bugger with a form factor I just liked a lot. Didn't have touch/pen, but for some reason that kind of added to the appeal at the time. Was on US Cellular then, and their version was a bright metallic green color as well.

2a: Samsung Galaxy S Mesmerize (Vzw Fascinate). Again with USCC, was fun comparing and contrasting with the iPhone's at the time, particularly after it got the Froyo update.

1: Lumia 928. Of course, my present daily driver. In my family, we have a GS4, Droid RazrM to compare to. At work, I get to deal with all the iPhones. Much prefer the L928 and WP over the others.

AdamHunterATC

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
1. BlackBerry Tour - Part of me still misses the days when smartphones were just simply productivity devices instead of the "do anything and everything" devices we now expect them to be. BlackBerry nailed it with the Tour. Great screen and a killer keyboard.

2. Motorola Droid - The phone that arguably ushered Android into consumers' minds. It was a solid device, and I loved using it... despite Android being pretty much a beta OS at the time.

3. The original LG ENV - I know it's not a smartphone, but it was a freaking awesome device for its time. I had it for a good 3 years too. Loved it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Those are some good phones people posted so far. I'm a little surprised the iPhone hasn't made it on this list yet, but that's all good too...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Three favorites were hard to nail down, but:

3) Motorola Karma Q- a simple protrait slider feature phone. Wide, fat, and I stinking loved it. Had that satisfying "snap" opening and closing, simple keyboard, great call quality, durable, just a great device.

2) Palm Pre Plus. It had laggy hardware, a small keyboard, and a low res screen even in it's day. But WebOS rocked. It is still the OS I loved the most, and it makes me sad every time I think of what could have been. Moment of silence, please....

1) My Nokia L900. This will be bumped sometime in the near future by a L1520 (when prices drop a hair) or when the perfect WP8 hits the floor, but until then I love me some L900. Loved the fact that WP 7.8 came without me having to force it, and that this bad boys performance puts me in no hurry to upgrade until the right deal comes along. As much as I loved my Samsung Focus S, I do not think I would have the same attitude if I was still using it. Plus that, I love the white color. Pure bonus having a phone whose color is fun.

Honorable mentions: Samsung Focus S and BlackBerry Curve (some AT&T version, who can keep track?).

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
3.) Blackberry World Edition. This thing was a beast. I loved it. It was my first smartphone and it kicked ***. It was handed down to me by my mom, and I used it through the first couple years of college. The keyboard on that thing was a beast.
2.) Nokia Lumia 822, my current phone. I like it a lot, it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles and it's pretty old. The operating system, WP8 (duh), is smooth and fun. My main complaint is that it restarts itself occasionally. It's older tech.
1.) HTC Trophy. I love my Trophy. Easily my favorite and most reliable device. I've retired it only because I wanted to move on from WP7.8 to WP8. The Trophy never got the credit it deserved. Absolute rockstar.

Can't wait to get my Nokia Lumia Icon!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
1: Palm Treo 650
2: Pre 2 (best OS hands down)
3: HTC8x

I not one of those that changes phone frequently like someone changes their underwear. Once I find one I like I stick with it as long as possible.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
But WebOS rocked. It is still the OS I loved the most, and it makes me sad every time I think of what could have been. Moment of silence, please....

Back while Microsoft was still working out the WinMo to 7.x to 8 transitions, some pundit suggested that MS should just do 1 of 2 things:
  • Heavily skin Android - Use the familiar :Embrace and Extend" MS strategy. Orrr.....
  • Buy Palm and make WebOS their own. What could have been indeed. It still would have been a transitional product as I think they have the right strategy of reducing their OS bases, but still....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
1. Palm Treo 650
2. HP Pre3
3. HP iPAQ 910C

As 'mutt mentioned, webOS was the absolute best OS ever. I'm finding myself liking BB10 more and more everyday so this list might change soon.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
...........I'm finding myself liking BB10 more and more everyday so this list might change soon.

You know, I have said to more then a few people: If you liked WebOS, you would like BB10. A lot of the gestures remind me of the way WebOS worked. As I liked the unique way WebOS "card" based functions allowed for a true multi-tasking and easy way to transition from task to task, I find BB10 cut from the same cloth. There is easy tracking of what you were doing and the gestures are just fun. A ton of personality in BB10.

I just find it hard to look at BlackBerry right now and see a company with a vision. That is the main reason I crossed them off, at least this time around. The arrow is pointing way up on WP, BB10 hasn't even got their direction figured out yet.

But, they sure got their OS right. It is even better on a bigger screen. That Z30 experience is great!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You know, I have said to more then a few people: If you liked WebOS, you would like BB10. A lot of the gestures remind me of the way WebOS worked. As I liked the unique way WebOS "card" based functions allowed for a true multi-tasking and easy way to transition from task to task, I find BB10 cut from the same cloth. There is easy tracking of what you were doing and the gestures are just fun. A ton of personality in BB10.

I just find it hard to look at BlackBerry right now and see a company with a vision. That is the main reason I crossed them off, at least this time around. The arrow is pointing way up on WP, BB10 hasn't even got their direction figured out yet.

But, they sure got their OS right. It is even better on a bigger screen. That Z30 experience is great!!

It helped that I've had a PlayBook for some time. The Bridge is simply awesome, reminds me of the TouchPad phone/messaging sharing with the Pre2 & 3 in many ways. All the reviews touted BB10 but almost scared me away because of a "long learning curve". But TBH, it was nothing. Very natural gestures and what can I say about 2 gigs of RAM except WOW!!!

AnthonyWhoso

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Here's my Top 3 daily drivers. First off i have owned many phones over the years but I will keep it in the modern times.

#3 - Blackberry Bold 9900 - This gets the slight edge over the Blackberry Bold 9780 (another great bb) I couldn't really care less about a touch screen Blackberry but it was a nice touch to the Bold 9900 Amazing powerhouse of a phone. Lasted days without charge. Build quality was great. I still use this phone for text and talk only when I travel since it's radio and antennas are superb.

#2 - Nokia Lumia 620 - The little train that could lol. That's exactly why I love this little beast. For the price of this guy at $140cdn brand new you really can't go wrong. Awesome size and the internals can still handle most of the apps I normally use on a day to day basis. It's built like a little tank and battery life for me personally gets through a full day most days. A phone running windows phone 8 with a micro SD card slot is a dream. Great phone overall. Nokia Lumia 620.

#1 - Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - The beast!!! As far as daily driver material the Note 2 pretty much does everything I need it to. Even though the Note 3 is out right now I felt like I didn't need to upgrade because the Note 2 still performs just as good as it always has. Main thing is battery life and the fact that it doesn't have a 1080p screen which is a battery killer. No matter what I do I can't kill the battery and that brings me back to the days of when I used flip phones that could go a week without a charge. Great phone. Does everything. Yeah it's made of plastic but it lasts. The Galaxy Note 2 beat out my Nokia Lumia 920 just by a hair due to excellent battery life.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My favorite by far so far in the smartphone era is
Nokia Lumia 810
Nexus 4

Nothing comes close to my Nokia 6030 in the pre smartphone era, it was the little phone that could. I still have it and it still works...what an amazing piece of hardware for $25!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss