[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
You don't need to be rude here as I can be equally rude! Secondly, if you can't accept the fact then leave it. You don't need to tell me what to follow or what not and better stay away with such comments as you'll get a proper revert! Go, get some life!!

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to be rude here as I can be equally rude! Secondly, if you can't accept the fact then leave it. You don't need to tell me what to follow or what not and better stay away with such comments as you'll get a proper revert! Go, get some life!!

you got me wrong!
almost 4 months have passed since the release of stable whatsapp.
I guess, you can easily figure out all the usage of whatsapp stable version.
if you are here, you are probably looking something to hear about the release of the whatsapp beta as stable version and also you would probably want to learn how it is progressing.

so here, all we are exciting about the development of whatsapp. that's the reason why we are all asking about the development. Because unlike ios and android, our platform is getting less love from developers. Whatsapp is the most widely used messaging platform on smartphones. We love our windows phones but that mustn't mean we don't have the right to have some respect from devs as the ios - android users do.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
you got me wrong!
almost 4 months have passed since the release of stable whatsapp.
I guess, you can easily figure out all the usage of whatsapp stable version.
if you are here, you are probably looking something to hear about the release of the whatsapp beta as stable version and also you would probably want to learn how it is progressing.

so here, all we are exciting about the development of whatsapp. that's the reason why we are all asking about the development. Because unlike ios and android, our platform is getting less love from developers. Whatsapp is the most widely used messaging platform on smartphones. We love our windows phones but that mustn't mean we don't have the right to have some respect from devs as the ios - android users do.

you don't have to follow this topic had some imperative sense and I reverted in the same sense. Anyways, if you are saying that you never meant the same then it's fine and we can carry out the discussion further. I understand how significant this app is and its day to day usage in our lives, but craving for updates almost everyday wont make a difference. Its something you can discuss about in this thread and you also have to be aware of the facts as why updates are getting delayed. Developers do respect WP platforms else it would have never been published back after it was removed few months back and guess what the reason for removal was - unstability and incompatibility. They worked to remove bugs and published it back to the store. You can't question about their dedication with WP platform. If they are updating Beta that means Public version will get updates for sure. People should leave the deadline for updates upto the developers and they will publish updates once they think its good to go. Beta testers may post their comments about bugs/issues but developers are those who know inside-out of the app.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
you don't have to follow this topic had some imperative sense and I reverted in the same sense. Anyways, if you are saying that you never meant the same then it's fine and we can carry out the discussion further. I understand how significant this app is and its day to day usage in our lives, but craving for updates almost everyday wont make a difference. Its something you can discuss about in this thread and you also have to be aware of the facts as why updates are getting delayed. Developers do respect WP platforms else it would have never been published back after it was removed few months back and guess what the reason for removal was - unstability and incompatibility. They worked to remove bugs and published it back to the store. You can't question about their dedication with WP platform. If they are updating Beta that means Public version will get updates for sure. People should leave the deadline for updates upto the developers and they will publish updates once they think its good to go. Beta testers may post their comments about bugs/issues but developers are those who know inside-out of the app.

So we are cool! :)

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Can you scroll in the typing box in the latest beta? Even this wpcentral app can do it.

Pg 50-51 I asked it long time ago, then they couldn't. But since then it has been updated many times, hope they did add at least this function

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
So we all should keep our fingers crossed and wait for a stable and quality update for WhatsApp. Lets see what's there in the store for us and how developers will bring smile v on our faces 😉

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Also if any of you developers are here, please please include a Font size setting! It currently looks too big on my new L730 (720P) :( and it's at the standard font size. I hope they can implement individual font size settings(that's not dependent on the system font :) ). Cheers!

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah in the latest beta version they added smaller fonts for big screens/720p screens now you see 7 chats in the list not 6 like in the public version

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
[FONT=open_sansregular]Question to anyone who is beta testing it (@bssnik):[/FONT][FONT=open_sansregular]Does the latest beta stay tombstoned in background when pressing back key till the end, like Facebook/Mehdoh and other apps which take advantage of this feature, or does it completely back out?
I would love to see it behave in tombstoned mode, not exiting completely, as it would be faster then. Anyone else feels this would be better?[/FONT]

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Beta testers, can you please shed some light on the battery performance with the latest WhatsApp version?
Currently WhatsApp is draining my battery.. Without it I have hours more of backup. I've been with WP since 2.5 years..

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
[FONT=open_sansregular]Question to anyone who is beta testing it (@bssnik):[/FONT][FONT=open_sansregular]Does the latest beta stay tombstoned in background when pressing back key till the end, like Facebook/Mehdoh and other apps which take advantage of this feature, or does it completely back out?
I would love to see it behave in tombstoned mode, not exiting completely, as it would be faster then. Anyone else feels this would be better?[/FONT]
Yeah I want this to it would be faster like you said but no it closes normally..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon