When are the apps coming to the Xbox One

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am not on the preview program for the Xbox One so just a standard box (We have three of them in the house).

I have to say I was underwhelmed by the latest update, yes I am sure it was needed to get the thing ready for more and better things but I miss the far cleaner store fly-out that showed the Games, apps, films and TV and then music as far cleaner separate pages, rather than the very messy page we have now. OK we now have Cortana to get confused with my PC, SP3 and 950XL.

BUT where are the flood of apps, even the MS ones?

I can now see two versions of Groove but one just says "Coming soon, launch the old version". The weather app says "Coming soon" and Skype is still the old version.

Any one got any time scale on when any of these apps will release to us? Anyone got any idea when other apps, maybe Maps, Heutro, or other UWP apps will head our way?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
One down :smile:

The new Groove (UWP) is now up and running on my Xbox One and funnily enough looks just like the one on my PC, SP3 and 950XL and I like it. Don't really care if it plays background music but I suppose that's a bonus for some, I am a bit of a pedant and love universal apps and all my stuff in good order..............

Some come on the Xbox team, sort the rest out PLEASE.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just been looking around my Xbox, went into Cortana and looked at my favourite places, it said "ask for directions" so I clicked on it.

It then said "You need to download an app for this" and gave me the option to search, so I did and up came Windows Maps so I downloaded it.

OK it then said coming soon, like the weather app, but it is now pinned to my start in anticipation, looks like they are on the way :smile:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The Xbox One Weather UWP has just gone live for me here in the UK, I have been checking it daily since last months big update.

Maps is still showing "Coming soon".

Holliday1985

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Well I am in the preview program and there is not even a flood of apps for us. The apps only trickle in here and there. The people that ate non preview have the same app library as us preview members. We are all waiting on this app avalanche that is supposed to happen.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Pretty disappointing...

I figured this would have been farther along by now. Just got a one S that is now center to the home entertainment being located in the living room. Have TV going through it, but some apps, such as the "Watch Disney" apps, would be great to have for the little dude. I thought they used to be available in the store on the console?

Also disappointed that the netflix app doesn't display 4:3 content full screen. My roku and app built in to my TV don't have this issue, but the xbox one app puts black bars on the side of some of the shows we watch on there.

Figured the console was farther along in being an "entertainment hub" than it actually is. Hopefully it gets there soon.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been checking Maps every day for a month and as of this morning it is finally working, I admit it isn't as easy to use on a PC or phone, but at least it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs