• Welcome to the all-new Windows Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

When dialing out on my Nokia Windows phone, why does it go dark?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when dialing out on my nokia windows phone, it goes dark

when I dial out or receive a call, my nokia windows lumina goes completely dark. how to I feep light on

ven07

Ambassador
Jan 27, 2014
Re: when dialing out on my nokia windows phone, it goes dark

when I dial out or receive a call, my nokia windows lumina goes completely dark. how to I feep light on

Which phone? press the lock button to lock the phone and then to unlock it after when the phone goes dark.. Should help with the issue

xandros9

Community Review Team
Nov 12, 2012

I suspect the proximity sensor is either defective or obstructed somehow, make sure the face of the device (esp the top part) is clear.
The proximity sensor turns off the display during a call when close to something, such as your face. And if nothing is in the way, it might be defective.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014

Lumia phone turn off the screen when you make a call - there is a small sensor near the ear - piece which will check if your face is near when a call is made, if it's blocked (near your face) the display switch off to prevent accidental touch inputs. When making a call make sure your fingers are not covering the top of the phone.

Ask The Community

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linlu