When is the 8.1 update for Lumia 1320 available in Israel?

superzohar

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
8.1 update for Lumia 1320 in Israel

Hi I would like to purchase Lumia 1320, but there is problem: When I checked the update availability in Microsoft official website I discovered that this model, as well as lumia 1520 don't even appear in the Israel part, while in other countries, they do appear with the update available.

So my question, how can I know if I will be able to update to 8.1 in this model if I buy it in Israel?

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: 8.1 update for Lumia 1320 in Israel

Hi I would like to purchase Lumia 1320, but there is problem: When I checked the update availability in Microsoft official website I discovered that this model, as well as lumia 1520 don't even appear in the Israel part, while in other countries, they do appear with the update available.

So my question, how can I know if I will be able to update to 8.1 in this model if I buy it in Israel?

Hi there ..
Look ieven if you don't get the cyan 8.1 update on Israel .. You can flash other country rom .. So you can get the update

But .. If you going to flash you need to get CV rom .
Like French .. Dutch.. British.. Or Egyptian rom There are free of carries

Good luck

superzohar

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

And the stupid thing is that I contacted Microsoft and they said me they don't know. How come the company which is responsible for rolling out the updates doesn't know about when update should come to certain region, or if at all...

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

And the stupid thing is that I contacted Microsoft and they said me they don't know. How come the company which is responsible for rolling out the updates doesn't know about when update should come to certain region, or if at all...

Well .. That's because the rolling out is kinda controlled by the carrier .. Like at&t .. But some countries which are country variant.. So the roll out is not controlled by any carrier.. It's a stupid thing actually

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Zohar, there is no Lumia 1320 on Nokia`s IL site, meaning there is no such CV
That means you are buying another region`s device
You will get(and probably already is out) WP 8.1 according to the market the phone was supposed to be sold, this can be easily checked in Settings - extras+info and by the product code
There`s also the preview for developers if you want the newest OS bits without waiting

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

CV=country variant, every Nokia phone has different "versions" build for different markets/countries
No IL country variant for Lumia 1320 means that if you buy one in Israel it will be Hong Kong or Indonesian or Malaysian CV, maybe even some European variant, that should not be a problem for regular user as the hardware is identical
Regarding your question no idea whether it would be official or unofficial import, it is on you to check that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial