When were you last excited about a phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
When I was on Verizon... The Lumia Icon. I miss windows phone. Had an iSHeep 6+ for 3 years, just got an LG v40 last October. Its nice but not the same. Tried Square Home Launcher... its nice but not the same. Go back and forth between MS Launcher and Square Home. They both have their good points and quarks. I am to the point, after years of beign a tech enthusiast, I dont care about this stuff anymore. Phones tablets... PCs. None of it works as I would like it to but hey. Each their own.
I tried Square Home but prefer Launcher 10. Check it out.

hassan_78

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I got super excited with the launch of the Lumia 930/icon, 830 and 735 excellent devices for the time. I'm still rocking my Lumia 930 as my dd. I bought it brand new on eBay this year. Smartphones are boring these days i had iphones and droids and although they are nice they cannot match the love and passion I have for wp. I also get excited now because I get yesteryear Lumias for cheap now on eBay as back in the day i couldn't afford them when they were first released!

hassan_78

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I get very excited... when we see the price tags for some of these current phones LOL.

Never owned the 640 yet was very tempted on several occasions to get one. Owned the Samsung Ativ S which for some reason was our best Windows phone/Phone experience, regretted ever selling it.

I get excited when I see all my favorite Lumias from yesteryear for cheap on eBay... 2013/2015 was my fave year for smartphones. The Lumia 930/830/735/ 640/640xl got me excited. When Ms killed windows phone they basically killed off my love and passion for anything phone related other than Lumias
Ps I'm still using my Lumia 930/icon as my DD

martinkr

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I was excited for the Lumia 520 and I9500 Galaxy S4 launches in 2013 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo in February 2014. I first saw the WP in this music video (at 0:45):
"We Are Young"
Anyone have any idea what model it is? Someone one Reddit suggestes it's the HTC Titan II.

I was also excited in the spring of 2014 when the Samsung S5 launched. I still remember the billboards with the Electric Blue version. Still one of the best colors on any phone.
I also vividly remember the whole red flower/fruits wallpaper LG Optimus era (2012-February 2014): https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_l9_ii-5650.php
The best time of LG imo. Las phone I was excited about was the HTC circa 2014 in gold. Such a good design.

Basically the 2012-2014 era saw so much development and quite different-looking phones. I find modern phones offer lots of RAM, better camera and speed but are usually less exciting as in design and stock wallpapers. And also more easy to break when dropped. Also not fan of the circle Android user images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786