When will I get the Anniversary update?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anniversary update

Microsoft works to USA time, where it's currently 5:40 in the morning.

Wait until at least 9-10am their time.

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

It is also a staged roll-out, so you might not see it today. The release date is meant to signify when the first people will see the update.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

As of this writing, it's 9:28am in Redmond - normally builds drop @ ~ 10:00am ...

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Nope. Odd really, considering we were all told in the 80s that the US had moved to a '24 hour society' system. When did that get rescinded? And is anything else at MS going 70s again? Should I expect to boot to a cli prompt once the update arrives?

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It has been 2 days and still there is no sign of Anniversary update in Update setting. It was supposed to be released on 2nd Aug right? Why is this taking time?

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Are you waiting for the update for desktop or phone? The Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update is not yet available. There are rumours that it will begin rolling out on August 9.

If you are asking about the Anniversary Update for computers, it began rolling out on August 2. and you will get it eventually. Anyway, if you can't wait any longer (why are some people so impatient?) visit this page and click on the big blue "Get the Anniversary Update Now" button. Because, you know, life is short :D

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

i discourage anybody to update their pc to AU, unless the update is available through the system update. I faced a lot of bugs and issues which left me system useless. Users updating using the upgrade utility form Microsoft website , should be ready to face ugly consequences.

what i have learned is that Microsoft is releasing the update gradually for PCs starting from the ones with fresh hardware and BIOS. infact i haven seen the update as of now using the inbuilt updater. Wider roll out will be initiated with future build 14393.xx

i ignored that and forced updated , the results were lost usb drivers which led to non functioning keyboard and mouse.
somehow i managed to get hold of a PS2 mouse and finished the setup.

though navigation was better , but apps lagged a lot. edge refused to close and only way possible was using task manager.

my games which ran smoothly on Threshold build, lagged a lot ( most of them were nearly unplayable- drivers were all unto date)

every time i switched from in game to desktop , i was greeted by a blank screen which hanged up the PC and only solution was to pull the plug.

overall i faced a lot of lag and stuttering , cpu usage was high most of the time with average ram usage. I have returned to threshold build .494 today and will not be upgrading soon to the AU until it is forced through the windows update

fordcom

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

You are not alone. I get this error when I try to update.

"Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later.
Error code: (0x80073712)"
I guess I'll have to use the media creation tool.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Oddly I'm not getting the update at all on my Surface 3. Anyone else still waiting?

Edit: still not sure why my Surface 3 kept insisting that it was up to date, but going the Windows 10 page directly I was offered to update. Downloading now.

Last edited:

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

I got the update but during the process of updating I guy the "Something went wrong..." screen (aka modern version of BSOD). Could not boot past HP logo after that. Started from scratch with Media Creation Tool and USB drive which was not the AU. Got to finish updates to see if I will get it again.

Update: automatic updates did not install the AU. I had to use the upgrade tool. Aside from the lack of being able to remove the lockscreen, the update seems very nice. But I only played around with it for an hour or so. The next week or so should tell.

Last edited:

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

After reading all these issues, I think is a wise decision to wait. My pc is running perfectly with Windows 10 and I don't want to screw that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss