When will I get the official Windows 10 update for the Nokia Lumia 720?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when will i get official windows 10 update for nokia lumia 720?

i am using nokia lumia 720, eagerly waiting for windows 10 update, i have tried the preview version, but because of bugs i rolled back to windows 8.1, waiting for reply :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: when will i get official windows 10 update for nokia lumia 720?

i am using nokia lumia 720, eagerly waiting for windows 10 update, i have tried the preview version, but because of bugs i rolled back to windows 8.1, waiting for reply :)

There will be no official Windows 10 for your phone sadly.

After hinting towards it for months, Microsoft reversed position on launch day, showing a list of devices to be eligible for the full update to Windows 10. The Lumia 720, among many others like the HTC One, Lumia 920, etc. were not on that list.

So what does that mean?
1. You can't upgrade to 10 "officially."
2. Windows Insider is your only hope, on the Release Preview ring.
3. Your device will not be allowed past the current iteration of Windows 10: Threshold 2, AKA 10586 without some spoofing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: when will i get official windows 10 update for nokia lumia 720?

If you use Insider on the Release Ring, the same version is fetched as the recent public Upgrade received by these phones (10.0.10586.xxx): Phones Eligible for Windows 10 Mobile Official.

If your phone is not on the supported list, then 10586.xxx (Threshold) is the end of the line. You may as well use Insider and select Production to un-enroll your phone from Insider, but at least you have W10M. WaaS (Windows as a Service) will deliver future updates within Threshold to you without any Insider access required.

Check out this thread: Windows Insider Testing and You [Recommended Guidelines]

For right now, Windows Device Recovery Tool is only flashing 8.1 to models that did not launch with 10 so it is the way to revert if you don't care for W10M: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99