When will MSFT fix the 'other' storage issue?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My other storage is now at 150MB, while that's not much of an issue, it does gain when i play apps or browse the web.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't get the 820. 8GB will go away quickly since you cannot install apps in the SD Card.
For my case (actually my fds), 4GB other storage + 2GB System + a couple essential apps and ZERO games installed = less than 800mb left to use.

The 820 was rendered obsolete in 2 months and has been a dumbphone ever since, till this day and still no news.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Question for those with extreme other storage issues: Do you not have access to the Nokia Storage Check function, or it didn't work for you?

On AT&T here, have 2 820s and 2 920s in the family, and all are fine after Storage Check. But it did take a long time to become avail on the 820s.

Also, keep in mind that there ARE valid reasons for SOME other storage... 150MB or even up to 1GB can be reasonable imo. But obviously something is broken.

Just wondering if people are not able to free up the space with Nokia Storage Check function (understanding some don't have Nokia or don't have the firmware update yet).

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using Lumia 520 and my other storage has took about 1.5 GB in my phone. I now have very less memory in my phone storage and have to delete some apps to install others which makes me irritating. They should bring an fix to other storage issue or should bring a feature to install apps in SD Card.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Question for those with extreme other storage issues: Do you not have access to the Nokia Storage Check function, or it didn't work for you?

On AT&T here, have 2 820s and 2 920s in the family, and all are fine after Storage Check. But it did take a long time to become avail on the 820s.

Also, keep in mind that there ARE valid reasons for SOME other storage... 150MB or even up to 1GB can be reasonable imo. But obviously something is broken.

Just wondering if people are not able to free up the space with Nokia Storage Check function (understanding some don't have Nokia or don't have the firmware update yet).
I know, right?

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The storage in 'other' category is getting bigger and bigger. For me, it is exceeding 5 G. I remember Joe Belfiore mentioned it long time ago and said MSFT was fixing the issue.
However, why there is no single news afterwards regarding the issue?

As an ex Lumia 810 owner, which does not yet have firmware that enables the Nokia Storage Check feature, I too am very interested in this question.

I too am not impressed by the silence by MS on this issue.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
So does this other storage bug affect everyone eventually? I've had my Lumia 521 for about a month, and my other storage is at 650MB. I haven't noticed it increasing.

Your 521 has a application called Nokia Storage Check which can help to control the issue. Older Nokia phones may not have that feature and HTC and Samsung WP devices do not have that application.

awkm

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
433MB on my phone at the moment (after 2 days lol)

Should be interesting as my phone only has 4GB storage. (Ascend W1)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadtorose