When will the second generation of the Microsoft Band be released?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When will second generation of the Microsoft band be released

I love the new golf app but want a better feel and fit in the band

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Some speculation to mull over from Dan Rubino:

At 0:20:

So yeah the Microsoft Band is slowing picking up steam. Now a lot of people ask about "When is it [2] gonna be available?" My theory on this -- and I think it's an informed theory -- is that Microsoft Band version 1 is basically a test product out there. So they're getting a lot of feedback, before they roll it out big time. They are not gonna commit to it until they're confident.

Now let's talk about Microsoft Band 2. Yes...it's coming soon. I've heard...anytime in the next few months, we should expect it. Last one was a launch around October, so I think sometime before then we should probably see a Microsoft Band 2.

Now I've already heard some details about it, including: it doesn't have a flat display any more, which a lot people complained about. A lot of the features remain the same, but they are basically fixing all the things that people have been complaining about, including the way it fits, and, like I said, the display.

So definitely expect a Microsoft Band 2 in the next few months and I think they're going to have more confidence in this one. Think of the Surface model and how that's been going, and that's what's being applied here to the Microsoft Band.

​-Matt

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Damn, that's beautiful...but...

I guarantee you, 2 weeks from now, a rush of new prospective users are going to pour in here with questions like, "I heard a rumor that the new Band is going to be totally integrated with XBox...is that right?" and "I think I saw somewhere on the internets that the new Band is going to have a quad-HD full-color LCD touch display -- you can even watch movies on it!!!...is that right?"

I don't have the patience for THAT!!!! :eck:

-Matt

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the price cut would seem to indicate that something is in the wind, hopefully in the near future. I love the Band as it is, but am really looking forward to an updated version that addresses some of the weaker points. Fingers firmly crossed that mine holds out until V2 launches!

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
And for those of you with a Target nearby, how does $150 sound?

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker/Smart Watch $150 at ... - Ben's Bargains

In-store only! Target has the Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker/Smart Watch (all sizes) for $200 - 25% off with this Cartwheel mobile coupon [Exp 7/25] = $150. Must purchase in-store to use the coupon, but you can check availability online before you head to the store.

The Microsoft Band combines the traditional fitness tracker with smart watch features like email notifications, text messages, color touchscreen and a calendar function. And it works with Windows phones as well as iPhone and Android devices. Here's CNET's take on it.

​-Matt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte