When will the update 1 be released for us rocking cyan/8.1?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
How do you do that, and does it cost money? Being a student, I'm kind of averse to spending money on something I can't drink...
I've got a 930, which obviously came with 8.1 and Cyan, but I'd like UK Cortana being English. Can't be dealing with this Fahrenheit nonsense!
go to dev.windowsphone.com, sign in, enter your details then it should tell you that you are now a developer. Get the preview for developers app, sign in, tick enroll then check for updates. The latest update will always be there for you to download from now on.

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks! Done! No updates waiting (not surprising on such a new device) but looking forward to 8.1 Update 1 soon!

Wazzim

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
How do you do that, and does it cost money? Being a student, I'm kind of averse to spending money on something I can't drink...
I've got a 930, which obviously came with 8.1 and Cyan, but I'd like UK Cortana being English. Can't be dealing with this Fahrenheit nonsense!

Funny thing is MS's developer approach is aimed at us students, with stuff like DreamSpark. All free for students :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Err Cortana already speaks English? :winktongue:

An AppStudio account is free, you can sideload / push upto a maximum of 2 apps onto your phone once dev unlocked under an AppStudio Account.

http://appstudio.windows.com/en-us?stay=

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC 8X with Dev Preview. I will install Update 1 (or GDR1), but my question is if i have 8.1 update 1 installed will I still be able to install the official 8.1 update with firmware from HTC when they release it?

Plus for HTC there is no rollback to 8.0 right?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Ask Cortana to show the temperature in Celsius/Kelvin. She'll convert it for you :)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
yup, it's REALLY convenient asking that EVERY TIME. :devil:

It'll take 3 seconds at max to command her ("convert it to Celsius / How about in Celsius"). That's not at all inconvenient, IMO. If you want her to show it up in Celsius/Kelvin, wait till its get upgraded/updated for your location. Cortana gets periodic updates though :)

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It'll take 3 seconds at max to command her ("convert it to Celsius / How about in Celsius"). That's not at all inconvenient, IMO. If you want her to show it up in Celsius/Kelvin, wait till its get upgraded/updated for your location. Cortana gets periodic updates though :)

Well I wasn't entirely serious, if you couldn't tell.

Point is: having a setting "Regional format" (Date/Time, Currency, etc.) and yet having Cortana not respect it is a major oversight. :cool:

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
None. You have 8.1 and Cyan installed. All DP will do is give you a sneak peak of GDR1 update which is an add on to what you already have.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Get your device enrolled in developer preview program and your device will get the update next week regardless of cyan firmware update :). In other words anyone who is running windows phone 8.1OS update can get GDR1 update via developer preview.
Nah, they're "starting" to roll it out next week.
Take a look at other recent app/OS/firmware roll shambles to see what that means.
The chances of seeing it next week are slim.
And as with previous messes, they'll not commit to any date.
Close thread.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Nah, they're "starting" to roll it out next week.
Take a look at other recent app/OS/firmware roll shambles to see what that means.
The chances of seeing it next week are slim.
And as with previous messes, they'll not commit to any date.
Close thread.

Um those are completely different things. The 8.1 and cyan official roll out is dependent on carrier release and subject to carrier and region roll out.

Developer preview is not this at all. GDR1 will be released next week because it is a push out directly from Microsoft to the developer community. You cannot compare the two as they are not the same thing at all. There has been no delay in DP releases so far.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well not every device is carrier dependent.
And there's not been any "delay" in DP releases because there's been no schedule. You can't miss a date you don't set. Hence the thread, MS say they have an update but won't give a date for shipping it but people insist on asking when it will ship.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That's why I said region specific too. If a developer update is available as announced on wpcentral then checking in Ota update will show as an update for a particular device that day

prasetyo12p1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
i'm still confused about this update.
i'm using a Nokia Lumia 1020, running a Lumia Black and recently updated my OS to WP 8.1 Update 1 Dev Preview. the Lumia Cyan still not available here in Indonesia. my question is, do I need to downgrade to the original Lumia Black firmware using recovery tool when the Lumia Cyan released, or I can simply disable the "Preview for Developers" app and then update Over-The-Air via phone updates? i personally think I need to downgrade, since the Update 1 have the newer OS build than Lumia Cyan, but i'm still unsure. anyone can answer my confusion? I'll really appreciate your answers. thank you. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire