where's all the posts go.....

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
???? WWhat happened to the posts here......should I find a new site to talk about the Treo Pro

If you had seen the notices that the related forums were being separated. It appears that the decision was that the Treo Pro section of the forum fit better at TreoCentral than at WMExperts. Since this is my first Treo, my mindset is that I have a WinMo phone with a Treo form factor. So, I would have been happier if the Treo Pro section stayed here. But a lot of the messages seemed to indicate that most Pro users were previous Treo model users. Which tells me that keeping the Treo Pro section at TreoCentral is perhaps the best choice for the majority. My only qualm with that decision is that keeping the Treo Pro section on WMExperts would have allowed those users of other WinMo devices to glean from & help Treo Pro users -- they aren't likely to browse the Treo Pro segment on a totally different site, whereas they might here.

Dieter Bohn

Ex Editor in Chief
Feb 1, 2001
smartphoneexperts.com
If you had seen the notices that the related forums were being separated. It appears that the decision was that the Treo Pro section of the forum fit better at TreoCentral than at WMExperts. Since this is my first Treo, my mindset is that I have a WinMo phone with a Treo form factor. So, I would have been happier if the Treo Pro section stayed here. But a lot of the messages seemed to indicate that most Pro users were previous Treo model users. Which tells me that keeping the Treo Pro section at TreoCentral is perhaps the best choice for the majority. My only qualm with that decision is that keeping the Treo Pro section on WMExperts would have allowed those users of other WinMo devices to glean from & help Treo Pro users -- they aren't likely to browse the Treo Pro segment on a totally different site, whereas they might here.

Yes, I plan on making a fuller announcement here at the WMExperts forums later today.

As for the WM Treo forums AND the WM software sections, I'll admit I went through an incredible amount of heartache with that decision. In the end the forums had to stay in one place (for a multitude of reasons I can get into if you'd like) and the best place was TreoCentral. TC's userbase is much larger than WME's and so I had to put them in the place that would keep the maximum number of people happy. The good news is that the content is still there at TC and your user account won't change on either site.

The other good news is that now that the forums are split I'll be able to make all sorts of upgrades to all of our forums that weren't possible before. I'll also be able to focus on keeping WME's forums a bit more active as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4