Which Android device compares to the Lumia 830 (Camera)?

W

WPCentral Question

I want to switch from my Lumia 830 to an Android phone. Which one has a comparable camera but isn't too expensive?
I really love the camera of my Lumia 830 but the operating system destroys the whole experience.
I like Windows Phone with its live tiles and design but it's just not there yet...
I have a fitness band I'd like to use but it's not fully compatible with Windows phone like many accessories. I also have some apps which are not available for Windows phone (for example an app to control my camera) and it's not as smooth as everybody says.
I am an experienced user, that means I know how to hack my phone and repair stuff and I've tried everything to make it work so please don't try to find things I did wrong or so. The only thing I don't want to lose are those amazing camera capabilities...
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

tobiastwitt3r

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I've heard of Project Astoria. It's really cool but that doesn't mean every developer is going to use it. If an app is already free without any ads why bother?
I also tried sideloading an apk. I can open the apps but connecting to camera or using any sensors fails...
I just want my phone to work.

I'm interested in the Moto X Play but it's too expensive and the older version of the Moto X is said to have bad battery life :(

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I agree, but I'd wait until MS gives us Astoria (the finished product, not the leaked version). In any case for me the Moto and the LG line are the best android phones if you want bang for your buck lol

If you have a little extra to burn consider the nexus phones

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Moto's and Nexus phones arent really known for their cameras though. I'd look upstream for something comparable. If you don't mind losing OIS, there's a lot more options that aren't top-of-the -line but you probably want to consult Android Central.

tobiastwitt3r

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your recommendations.
I really like the design of the Samsung Galaxy A5. Video quality looks great and photos are good as well...low light performance is not as good but this is understandable since it has no OIS.
What do you think? Does anyone own that device?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget an older flagship, if you can find a good deal. Maybe a G3 or S5 maybe. I don't know your budget or where you're buying from and if used is an option.

One Plus Two is a good option obviously. Camera isn't amazing, but its very solid.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

tobiastwitt3r

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
One Plus Two is too expensive and kind of big...I'd really like to stay in the 5 inch range. I would need the 64GB version because it lacks an SD-Card-slot, it would cost over 400 Euros.
I should say that I'd buy the phone off contract and my budget is as low as possible but not over 300 Euros.

Thanks a lot :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans