Whites on 930

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My dad just got a 930, I was comparing it to my htc 8x, and the first thing I noticed was how "yellow" the whites of the 930 are. I then compared with an iPhone 5c and the iPhone has the most natural whites, the 8X's whites are more blue and the 930's are very dull / yellow, its enough to put me off getting one. I tried messing with all the screen and brightness settings but nothing helped. Even the capacitive buttons are more dull and yellow compared to the cleaner yet bluer colour of the 8X.

Any thoughts on this?

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Saying that I thought my screen was bright on my 1520... I had it up to max on brightness and was happy with it.... Then I downloaded an updated and got an extra 80% brightness...for this he must go to the app store and download an app called sysapp pusher... This is where you get the official Nokia updates from....tell him to download the screen update...massive difference

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
OLEDs are known to have poppy colors but not natural whites. Fortunately with Lumias, you can tweak the display temperature with a slider in the display app. Just slide it a bit to the cool side to get a cooler white tone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans