Who do you personally like and dislike in Tech Reviewing?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Lisa from mobile tech review. Idk if she has kids or not but she seems like the cool mom type that likes technology and not the typical idk how to work this thingamajig. She always gives honest and polite criticisms.

Joooonnnnnn v is hilarious but I always thought he was white until I saw a video and I was like....oh he is not lol.

Renee from imore is my least favorite. I don't like blind favoritism that prevents you from giving respect to competitor devices without needing to act as if your device you use is the best of the best. He comes off as arrogant to me sometimes.

Also most on the verge sicken me with their obvious anti Microsoft stance and how they always have an indirect insult for Microsoft in their articles.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
haha just want to add to this, you people have forgotten the most Epic name ever to be mocked by microsoft users/ praised by apple users on twitter for his reviews of the surface and stuff

David Pogue from NYTimes

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh how could I forget Lisa Gade. Really like how in depth she goes on pretty much every aspect. Really good presentation as well. She interacts with her viewer base quite a bit in the comments from what I've seen. Much respect to her.

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have always admired Lisa Gate's reviews, they are unbiased and honest - something I try to strive towards when I review. Lisa shall always be inspiration.

Those who review technology are passionate lovers of their field, and it is a balance to remove your own feelings while reviewing and commenting on what you believe is in the interest of the mainstream audience.

Growing up, I was a big fan of Engadget and The Verge, but as time has moved forward - I find their reviews less and less favorable.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I also forgot to mention the new format for the WPCentral reviews. I like the new style and also Daniel Rubino's presentation and clarity.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Like- Lisa "the gawd" Gade from mobiletechreview, MKBHD, Michael Fisher, Coldfustion, Daniel Rubino, Austin Evans & Thunda T from booredatwork.

Meh(In Between)-Chris Pirillo, John & Ashley from Technobuffalo & soldierknowsbest.

Dislike- Dan Seifert, David Pierce, LACK78(computing forever), & Molly Wood.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
The Unbox Therapy guy on his YouTube channel seems to be very well reasoned and eloquent with his introductions and descriptions of the products he unboxes and/or reviews, so I feel his channel is really worth a watch. I dislike PhoneDog because it always seems their reviewers are biased towards the more popular products like the iPhones and iPads. Maybe they have done tons of good stuff in between, but I always happen to watch reviews from them where they give the nod to a phone because it is popular, even if some of the specs and features of the other phone is better.

I generally like the reviews the mobile nations websites have, with Dan Rubino and Rene being the top two favorites I have from the sites.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria