Who here uses a case and why?

nukesheart1520

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my 1520 about four times now, naked, two times on the corner (it has big dents and scratches), one time it fell hard and goes round and round like a heavy rubber pad, and one time face down while spinning (on concrete)!! and that scratched my screen :( good news is, it still works, and screen is not shattered! :D

so due to my FREQUENT negligence, I decided to purchase some nameless transparent pudding case for my beast phone, which can prevent me from accidentally destroying my country. But when at home or at the office, I remove that cover because..I love her naked <3

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi can you please tell me which case this is? And does it protect the screen well?

I had shattered the screen of my 1520 once and had to go with the Niilkin Flip cover. But the flip cover is a gigantic pain in the .. hand. Would appreciate a link where I can buy such a case.

The other case I am considering (not of the flip cover kind) is the MPero impact hybrid. But there are reviews on Amazon saying that the case rubber is too sticky and makes it difficult to put in the pocket or pull out.

I'm just wondering - is there a case that can
a) protect the screen from shattering (utmost importance)
b) convenient to use (doesn't increase the bulk of the already big phone and simple to pocket)
c) looks decent (looks don't really matter, but nice to have)

Thanks.

I too was thinking of using the nillkin flip case to protect my L1520 huge glass but was afraid it would pose handling problems because it will make the phone much bigger because of the flip cover itself (which you just confirmed). In the end I settled for the nillkin slim hard cover and tempered glass combination to protect my phone and maintain its good aesthetics and ease of handling.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I put a case onto my 1520 almost as soon as I got it home. It's a bit too slippery to hold without one. My first buy was the Amzer soft pudding TPU one which was thin and fit like a glove. The next one (and the one I'm currently using) is the MPERO IMPACT XL which is HUGE and basically makes my phone look like an iPad Mini but it protects so much more.

My main reason for putting a case at all? I want to protect first the lense from any scratches and then the screen from being cracked when dropped.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
A really funny thread - most cases mentioned here not offer any good protection and are just a faschionable accessory. So I really wonder a protection is not the first priority in chosing a case.
@rpac78: The Mpero Impact XL is a good find - so far the only one with covers for headphone and USB port and a rubberized back the prevents it from slipping. But I was afraid this would be a problem when sliding it in and out of my pocket. In the past I have owned also two Otterbox Defender Series cases and their weak point was the silicone coming off easily on the plastic bezel so it was neccessary to re-seat it multiple times a day.
I went with the case i described here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/300519-rugged-case-lumia-1520-a.html?highlight=rugged+case
Would be great if you share your experience with your case as well an post some pics of it.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
A really funny thread - most cases mentioned here not offer any good protection and are just a faschionable accessory. So I really wonder a protection is not the first priority in chosing a case.
@rpac78: The Mpero Impact XL is a good find - so far the only one with covers for headphone and USB port and a rubberized back the prevents it from slipping. But I was afraid this would be a problem when sliding it in and out of my pocket. In the past I have owned also two Otterbox Defender Series cases and their weak point was the silicone coming off easily on the plastic bezel so it was neccessary to re-seat it multiple times a day.
I went with the case i described here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/300519-rugged-case-lumia-1520-a.html?highlight=rugged+case
Would be great if you share your experience with your case as well an post some pics of it.

I'll post some photos of it later when I get the chance. You're correct though about having a problem taking it in and out of my pants pockets. It grips really well and will turn front pockets inside out. It's pretty large but it just fits the back pockets of my size 36 jeans although with a third of it sticking out. I like having the kickstand in back and the covers for the ports does a good job of keeping lint and dust out.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I use a case for a few reason.

1) The camera bump, I want something to protect it so I can place the phone flat.

2) I use the Mountek ngroove Snap 2 mount in my car. It use a metal plate that attaches to the phone and allows to stick it on the magnetic point on the mount. I place this metal plate between the case and the phone so I dont adhere it to the case or the naked phone.Great car mount btw Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Snap 2 Magnetic Car Mount for Smartphones and Mini Tablets: GPS & Navigation

3) Having a white phone, Im scared it will get dirty easyily. So having a case helps prevent that. It's happened by the way, i was working on my car and has some dust on my hand that got on my case. So I took off the case and washed it with some dish soap. You cant wash your phone with dish soap ;)

I have two cases:
- Nillkin White snap case
- Amzer TPU black pudding case

I love them both but the Amzer works a little better with my car mount. That and the Nillkin has those grooves. Both are great like I said before, I'd definately recommend them to any Lumia 1520 owners.

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I can't post a link yet, but check out Capdase Sider Baco Folder Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Black / Clear somewhere, easy to find in Europe, tough to find in the US.

It's the best wallet-style case I can find, perfect for those who can go around with just a couple cards and some folded bills. Most of these types of cases (I bought several different brands) are pretty cheap, crack easy, and were a let-down.

But this Capdase stands above the rest. Best wallet one I could find. If someone knows better (I'd love something with real carbon fiber, more expensive) please post and I'd love to check it out.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I got this one from ebay. It makes the phone a bit bulky but it really provide maximum protection plus I like it a lot.

Hybrid Impact Armor Rugged Hard Case Cover Stand FOR Nokia Lumia 1520 Film | eBay

I bought this case and I love it. I also carry my 1520 in a little black bag, I can store other little things as well in it, quite nice !

View attachment 80644View attachment 80645View attachment 80646View attachment 80647View attachment 80648View attachment 80649View attachment 80650

Vyas Chady1

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I use the case that came with my Red Lumia 1520, although I would have preferred a black case, which would have looked sick in my opinion. Black on Red. I even have a Zagg invisible shield full body installed which give the phone a much better grip. I have had experience in the past using a phone without a case or screen protector and it easily very quickly get a scratch. Unless you like to have scratches on your screen, or don't mind them, but you never know how deep the scratch can get. For example me, I already bought the Zagg invisible shield before buying the actual phone. If there is no shield available for the phone I usually look for a very high quality case instead. But since the Lumia already came with a case, I used it. I did not even know there was a case in it.. Also, with a good quality invisible shield, you don't have to worry about being careless forever after installing it.

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My case of choice is the Eagle Cell Hybrid Skin Case with Stand and Holster Amazon.com: Eagle Cell Nokia Lumia 1520 Hybrid Skin Case with Stand and Holster - Retail Packaging - Blue/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories. My reasons are simple I wanted a little protection for my 1520 and the ability to carry my phone on or around my waist in a vertical or horizontal position. Do not let the price fool you the case covers and protects the phone well especially around the corners as well as the buttons. The carry clip is pretty sturdy and attaches well to a belt, pants or whatever you decide to clip it to.

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I use this Nillkin flip cover for my L520. I like how it protects my phone. The front cover is also very nice to look and feel.

71BXF1DgVtL._SL1500_.jpg51nmUKSW1DL._SL1500_.jpg51BF9YgR6-L._SL1500_.jpg71KHIRbFjKL._SL1500_.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria