Who is fed up enough to leave Microsoft 100% after W10m?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Is anyone fed up enough to move to Android or iOS and completely dump the MS ecosystem?

I mean cancel Onedrive, use Evernote instead of OneNote, switch to G Services or live with FaceTime and icloud

Or will you drop W10m and still use MS?

I am contemplating Apple which means dumping my W10 desktop for a Mac, and get an IPhone, drop O365 and move to anything Apple.

W10 - I have to admit has more options for games. But the titles I like are on Mac.

Android does not have a desktop OS, guess I could move to Linux.

W10 - I like it - pretty solid OS, but fed up enough with MS to see them go bye bye unless they turn it around...yes - get back into mobile with SUPPORT

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I dropped W10M and kept Microsoft services. Microsoft does what they do but I like their services the best. I can't be bothered to make all of these adjustments that would just inconvenience me.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Windows Phone to Android 3 years ago. I still kept Office 365 personal, but I use Google apps more than Microsoft apps these days.

I've had Evernote for many years, since I've used it since I last used BlackBerry devices back in 2011.

I'm a user of multiple platforms, so I don't feel a need to use any company's apps exclusively.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I mix and match. I'm all Microsoft at work. I have a few MCP certifications, and I make a living in Microsoft Dynamics and SQL Server.

In my personal life, I'm not all Microsoft. Although I have a PC laptop (and I just ordered a new one yesterday, an HP Envy x360 2 in 1 with an i7 8th Gen CPU), I mostly use my Macbook Pro, iPad, and Android phone at home. I use my PC mostly for a couple things where it works best. The only Microsoft product I use besides Windows is Office. I don't use any Microsoft services.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I've been fed up w/MS for a while on both mobile and PC fronts. Switched to Droid some time ago with PC being my main stumbling block now. More and more finding myself straying away from MS Services. Life is too short being frustrated all the time and that's actually what Windows 10 (mobile/pc) seems to have brought to the table upon just about every use, don't think there's a day that hasn't gone by in the last 1-1.5 years that I didn't cursed at one of my computers, and/or mobile (if used). Whereas anything other than "Microsoft" has been providing me with exceptional stability and consistency over the past three years so sticking w/what works only makes sense to me.

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I moved from the Google Ecosystem a few years ago, it was a long switch since I had a lot of stuff on Google Drive to move to OneDrive. I still use Win Phone and while I sometimes miss the plethora of aps that Android offers, W10M has the essentials covered. I use Windows 10 at home, at work and on the go, so its really nice to have access to my data no matter where I am or what PC I use. I don't se myself switching anytime soon. If anything I might just get a cheap Android phone, just to have access to the play store, but nothing more.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Is anyone fed up enough to move to Android or iOS and completely dump the MS ecosystem?

I mean cancel Onedrive, use Evernote instead of OneNote, switch to G Services or live with FaceTime and icloud

I am contemplating Apple which means dumping my W10 desktop for a Mac, and get an IPhone, drop O365 and move to anything Apple.

W10 - I have to admit has more options for games. But the titles I like are on Mac.

Android does not have a desktop OS, guess I could move to Linux.

W10 - I like it - pretty solid OS, but fed up enough with MS to see them go bye bye unless they turn it around...yes - get back into mobile with SUPPORT

I did the jump... From Google's offerings to Microsoft's about 5 years ago. And I'm not looking back.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I’m moving to Android next week, to a LG V30. I’ve never had anything other than a Windows phone. How are the OneNote and OneDrive apps on Android? Will I have easy access to my data, or will I need to move things to some other cloud?

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I’m moving to Android next week, to a LG V30. I’ve never had anything other than a Windows phone. How are the OneNote and OneDrive apps on Android? Will I have easy access to my data, or will I need to move things to some other cloud?

Nope you really shouldn't have a problem with your data if you continue using OneNote and OneDrive.

dj_hetick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
As long as there's daily MSI Win 10 OS at my backpack, All in One PC Win 10 OS at my office, and PC Win 10 OS at my bedroom, I will use my Lumia 950 Win 10M. Till I find better Win Phone OS or MS stop Win 10 support. The Sync could never been better.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Like Elky said, you'll be fine :) just download the apps from the playstore log in to the same account you use on your WP or laptop and you'll have the data available

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Dropped WM as my main device since the beginning of last year. Still have the 640 running. It'll keep going until it can :) I have a friend that still uses her 925 as a main phone since she only needs it to call and text, she doesn't have issues. On top of that she's even using the phone on 8.1 :/

Anyways, back to my point. Dropped WM, but I wouldn't dream of dropping W10, just because I'm dropping WM. While a Mac does have it's advantages, I still prefer W10 overall.

Don't drop W10 if it's not needed. Just mix and match. MS services/apps on Android and IOS are pretty good. Ultimately it's your call :)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Right now, no. Yes, MS aren't the best, and yes, their apps/mobile hardware plan is terrible, but right now it works for me for what I need. In the future though, most likely Android would be where I would head if MS don't release any new mobile hardware.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft have left me pretty peeved with them several times regarding their mobile platform but I still use their apps and services on Android. Microsoft Launcher, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive - although I've just moved all my photos to Google Drive after 6 years and now just use it for documents and backups.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
even tho I'm peeved tremendously at MSFT for dropping mobile and abandoning us, I will never stop using MSFT eco system just for the fact I can't stand apple and ADdroid will never ever ever be an option for me, just for the fact that its riddled with ADS and crappy apps and malware! GF just installed an exercise APP and it laterally took over her phone with ads (couldn't open her phone to accept calls cuzz the ad took over her phone) and I had to force brute an un-install of the offending app she installed... seriously don't know why everyone likes ADdroid... such a piece of sh!t, so for that fact I will stay with my awesome HP X3, nothing will ever come close to the live tiles... I know all the ADdroid nay sayers will be here to defend it but... whatever! if you can put up with all crap that entails ADdroid then more power to you and go have fun lol

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
even tho I'm peeved tremendously at MSFT for dropping mobile and abandoning us, I will never stop using MSFT eco system just for the fact I can't stand apple and ADdroid will never ever ever be an option for me, just for the fact that its riddled with ADS and crappy apps and malware! GF just installed an exercise APP and it laterally took over her phone with ads (couldn't open her phone to accept calls cuzz the ad took over her phone) and I had to force brute an un-install of the offending app she installed... seriously don't know why everyone likes ADdroid... such a piece of sh!t, so for that fact I will stay with my awesome HP X3, nothing will ever come close to the live tiles... I know all the ADdroid nay sayers will be here to defend it but... whatever! if you can put up with all crap that entails ADdroid then more power to you and go have fun lol

Tell us how you really feel. 🤣

Honestly though, Android is built and continues to grow because of advertisements. It’s something you have to understand if you are in that ecosystem. It takes time to sift through all the apps to find the one that Best fits your needs and yet is the least invasive. I used it and enjoyed it but have since moved to iOS because it gives me the best combination of apps with fewer ads, security and overall performance.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site

OK we get it, you simply have no love for Droid which is perfectly fine. But seriously, what is it that you or your GF are doing to invoke such atrocities with the platform? I genuinely ask because in my 3+ plus years of using multiple Droids (six to-date) I have not experienced anything anywhere near to the degree as you've described, not even remotely close. Sure they (ads, etc) exist yet going by my experiences setting up my Android devices initially it has been basically a "set it and forget it" affair, no special treatment, no constant vigilance, simply using the devices as they were intended.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Tell us how you really feel. ??????

Honestly though, Android is built and continues to grow because of advertisements. It’s something you have to understand if you are in that ecosystem. It takes time to sift through all the apps to find the one that Best fits your needs and yet is the least invasive. I used it and enjoyed it but have since moved to iOS because it gives me the best combination of apps with fewer ads, security and overall performance.

There's no doubt Android can be intrusive if one lets it be, purchasing apps can alleviate a lot of that frustration though. Got my collage of apps that we stick with and it has worked out very well - I stay clear of those riddled w/ads or ones requiring permissions that go beyond what is needed. My present Droid is the BB Motion which has turned out to be the most used, and productive, device ever, hasn't missed a beat in nearly 4 months of constant use.

My wife is all-in on the iOS front w/iPads/iPhone but it's a little too restrictive for my needs, do use an iPad mini for couch browsing though which works perfectly fine.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
There's no doubt Android can be intrusive if one lets it be, purchasing apps can alleviate a lot of that frustration though. Got my collage of apps that we stick with and it has worked out very well - I stay clear of those riddled w/ads or ones requiring permissions that go beyond what is needed. My present Droid is the BB Motion which has turned out to be the most used, and productive, device ever, hasn't missed a beat in nearly 4 months of constant use.

My wife is all-in on the iOS front w/iPads/iPhone but it's a little too restrictive for my needs, do use an iPad mini for couch browsing though which works perfectly fine.

Agree with all you said. The animosity some have for Android or iOS is just personal. I can’t be bothered putting any energy in hating an inanimate object that can’t hurt me at all.

I moved to iOS, not because I disliked Android, more because I wanted to simplify my technology. It just fit better.....right now. We all know that can and probably will change. That’s why I won’t marry or defend any one platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria