Who is planning to get an Huawei MateBook?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The ridiculous thin and svelte Huawei MateBook has just launched at MWC 2016, to indicate how thin this device is:

The MateBook is an all metal unibody design that weighs just 640g and is a crazy 6.9mm thin. To put it in a clearer context, it couldn't be any thinner and still have a 3.5mm headphone jack. Which it does.

The MateBook comes with a side facing finger print scanner for Windows Hello.

Your port needs are served by the optional MateDock (Type C Dock), which includes DVI, HDMI-out, ethernet two USB (type-A ports) and 1 type C port.

All this combined with Stylus support with 2048 levels of pressure makes for a rather compelling package.

So what say you, thinking of getting one?

If not, why not?

Chime in below!

Links:

www.windowscentral.com/huaweis-svelte-matebook-tablet-runs-windows-10
www.windowscentral.com/huawei-matebook-first-look

Discussion posts:

forums.windowscentral.com/windows-central-news-discussion/412528-huaweis-svelte-matebook-tablet-runs-windows-10-a.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...first-look-gorgeous-new-windows-10-2-1-a.html

Srb Srb

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
"The MateBook is an all metal unibody design that weighs just 640g and is a crazy 6.9mm thin. To put it in a clearer context, it couldn't be any thinner and still have a 3.5mm headphone jack. Which it does."
i know there are products like ipad air 2 with 3.5mm jack and has 6.1mm thin or the samsung galaxy tab s2 with a 3.5mm jack and 5.6mm thin. So i guess it can be around 4mm thin and still a product mentain the jack

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
"The MateBook is an all metal unibody design that weighs just 640g and is a crazy 6.9mm thin. To put it in a clearer context, it couldn't be any thinner and still have a 3.5mm headphone jack. Which it does."
i know there are products like ipad air 2 with 3.5mm jack and has 6.1mm thin or the samsung galaxy tab s2 with a 3.5mm jack and 5.6mm thin. So i guess it can be around 4mm thin and still a product mentain the jack

None of these are full productivity machines :p.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Looks very good but I miss the ability to tilt the keyboard like you can with the Surface Pro 4. The Surface Pro 2 has the same keyboard style and typing on a totally flat keyboard is a usability issue over time.

Madgizmoo

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
After the failures of surface, ill be checking reviews alot before jumping into anything, dont bother to pay that much, just to get a "new work" fiksing problems. Huawei is a new brand to me so need to see good results. I do hope, i like the "wrapping", the weight, and do understand the need for fanless cpu's, the questions is, if its fast enough and will it "throttle" like the sp, is the batteri time only 4-5 hours on simple tasks? So just waiting for test (critic test, not those paid test)
I lag the kickstand, but enjoy it slimness, but kick stand is a nice feat.
The keyboard cover looks cheap.
My thoughts.

aelaan

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Whether or not Microsoft comes with the Surface 4 or I look at the Surface Pro 4 or other Windows tablets.... This is certainly worth considering because of the price point and the features. I had one in my hand and the weight... man it is like nothing anymore. As a nerd and someone spending way too much money on all the wrong things I look forward handing down my Dell two in one and get something new to play with. I have ordered a Surfacebook as my work laptop, maybe I will regret it but the Matebook certainly is something in my murse this summer. Just hurry the heck up and release them :)

drmjrahman

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
any news on its release? In India the official Facebook account replied me that they have no information on release date and price so far. do you have any news on its release elsewhere?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6