Why apps installed on SD card does not show up in Windows 10 Mobile?

tushar_kp

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I am using Windows 10 Mobile build 10166. I have installed 8-10 apps on my SD card. But from yesterday, I am not able to use apps installed on my SD card. All the other media files are available and I can access those. But the apps show as "Unavailable". I have tried soft resetting and I have even tried reinserting SD card. But nothing works. What should I do?

irawan yudhi

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
eject your microsd card, put it into SD card adapter then insert to SD card slot on your PC, open cmd and run " chkdsk /f 'your sd card location': " command,
after process finished put the microsd card back to phone, and you will get your apps again, work for me everytime

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
eject your microsd card, put it into SD card adapter then insert to SD card slot on your PC, open cmd and run " chkdsk /f 'your sd card location': " command,
after process finished put the microsd card back to phone, and you will get your apps again, work for me everytime

Problem is still coming back after reboot (build 10166)....

pentecost

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
problem just popped up here too. chkdsk is no help. sd card is still visible in file explorer, and did revive itself once, but a dead battery caused the problem to return. the first time, it became visible in storage again after viewing it in file explorer, and restarting brought back app access. hasn't worked again yet, so probably it was just dumb luck the first time.

here's something weird: I can still click on windows central notifications and access the app even though it's on the "unavailable" SD card.

irawan yudhi

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
if your phone still recognize the SD card on storage sense, then i would suggest you to try to moving your installed apps on SD card to phone storage, restart the phone, after that move the apps back to SD card, see if it's available again

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963