Why are some of my tiles blacked out?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

About 20 per cent of my tiles that I had "pinned to start" have gone completely black.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've encountered this quite a number of times, but it happens only after I exit a "heavy chat app" that seems to unload a lot of data from RAM. If possible (without violating your privacy), can you post a screenshot of your start screen, or tell us more of what happened before your tiles blacked out?

Mumblic

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
About 20 per cent of my tiles that I had "pinned to start" have gone completely black.

Are these application tiles or shortcuts to webpages pinned from within Internet Explorer. Because I have a similar problem with theses shortcuts. They start as a normal tile with a preview of the page. They turn blank when more webpages are pinned to the start menu!

dot-the-eye

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, all, for your replies.
What turned black are shortcut tiles to webpages.
What I did to restore them to original look was select each black, saved the webpage as a favorite, unpinned the black, selected the favorite and pinned it back onto start.
Through the overnight, the renewed ones held on.
I do notice that the MSN News shortcut, which before presented changing updated photos, now is the standard, unchanging block white-on-red look.
I hope they don't start turning black again. What are the chances?
Lumia 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku