Why are text messages arriving on my old Nokia Lumia 520 with no sim inside?

87uygt786tghj

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
About 2 months ago, I upgraded to a Nokia 1020 from my trusty old 520 (both running 8.1). I am into photography and don't care much for apps and the like. Yesterday, I left the 1020 in my works van so fired up the old 520 to use as an alarm clock to get me up a little while ago. Lo and behold, I see text messages on the thing from a couple of mates and it's freaked me out just a little! There is no sim in it, and I've never used any apps that might do such a thing but it is still hooked up to my home wifi. The only thing I can think of is that as it is still logged into my Windows account it can synch them to my phone that way. I'd love to try to send a reply to my mate and see if my phone can but it's not even 7am and if it worked my mate would NOT be happy! Can anyone explain to an oldie what's going on? I have always considered myself tech savvy but am starting to get left behind me thinks! Cheers in advance.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is that as it is still logged into my Windows account it can synch them to my phone that way.

Yup, this is why. SMS will sync across WP8.1 devices with your Microsoft account.

I'd love to try to send a reply to my mate and see if my phone can but it's not even 7am and if it worked my mate would NOT be happy!

You won't be able to respond.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)