Why cant bring up or add past dates to Windows 10 Restore points when System Protection is on

WTF67

Dec 7, 2018
Visit site
I am trying to add dates in the past where my lap top was working well before updates etc. I have turned on system protection. I have tried "Configure" and added a accurate description. At the end of it going through its configuration no previous dates have been entered no matter what descriptions I enter.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not entirely following you but you can't add "historical" restore points; if they aren't there already, they can't be added. When enabled, Restore points are created manually (click "Create") or automatically when an installation occurs (Windows Updates, an app installed via a .exe or .msi, etc.). To view all available restore points, click "System Restore" > Choose a different restore point > click "Show more restore points". There's an option in "Configure" that sets the percentage of disk space to use for restore points and once it's full, the oldest are deleted to make room so depending on that value, the size of your HD, and the size of the restore points, you may have 1 or 2 or 10+.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
It's a little unclear for me too...

Are you simply trying to find previous restore points that were created?

One thing Windows 10 appears to do is disable system restore after each update which requires manual intervention by user to reinitiate. At least that has been the case every single time on all of my PCs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiuniuz