Why did Microsoft discontinued the Bing Health&Fitness app?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I really liked that app especially the calorie counter.
The app was nice and had a cool design.
Seriouly why did they have to stop it? :(

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Only Microsoft can answer that question.

Microsoft is notorious for cancelling things and leaving users scratching their heads, wondering why.

Sometimes they cancel or scrap things to bring it back in a new form with a different name. Example: Xbox Music. Now it's called Groove.

Like all the "Bing" apps... suddenly changed to "MSN apps" Or "Lumia Camera" soon to be scrapped and replaced by "Microsoft Camera". And the list goes on and on and on...

pmbAustin

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
How are you supposed to count steps with the Lumia 635 now that Bing Health doesn't work anymore? How come there's no information anywhere on what you're supposed to do to continue using this feature of the 635? My mom (technically illiterate) used this all the time and now doesn't know what to do... and no matter how many searches I do, I can't find any information on how you're supposed to make use of sensorcore or the step-counting feature of this phone anymore. Help?

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
How are you supposed to count steps with the Lumia 635 now that Bing Health doesn't work anymore? How come there's no information anywhere on what you're supposed to do to continue using this feature of the 635? My mom (technically illiterate) used this all the time and now doesn't know what to do... and no matter how many searches I do, I can't find any information on how you're supposed to make use of sensorcore or the step-counting feature of this phone anymore. Help?

From what I read they are planing to build the step counter functionality into Cortana.

In the meantime you can try any of the other fitness and step counter apps in the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos