Why did my phone loose data over night?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

help! my phone lost data literally overnight

i have a nokia lumia 930 with wp 8.1. last night, when i set the alarm for this morning, everything was fine. this morning, when i woke up, i noticed the mini-tiles of persons on main screen for speed dial were gone, along with their photos. i check 'photos', those photos were gone. i dont know if other photos are also gone, it is possible. also, when i checked "calendar", all my data in the calendar before july disapeared. before today, "us holyday" option was disabled. today, the "us holydays" were marked in "calendar".

so far i did not noticed anymore things missing/changed. any idea what is wrong with my phone?

PS. i dont have sleep disorders, neither i did something out of ordinary, i am not silly goose either to erase them by mistake.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: help! my phone lost data literally overnight

i have a nokia lumia 930 with wp 8.1. last night, when i set the alarm for this morning, everything was fine. this morning, when i woke up, i noticed the mini-tiles of persons on main screen for speed dial were gone, along with their photos. i check 'photos', those photos were gone. i dont know if other photos are also gone, it is possible. also, when i checked "calendar", all my data in the calendar before july disapeared. before today, "us holyday" option was disabled. today, the "us holydays" were marked in "calendar".

so far i did not noticed anymore things missing/changed. any idea what is wrong with my phone?

PS. i dont have sleep disorders, neither i did something out of ordinary, i am not silly goose either to erase them by mistake.

it looks like someone reset the phone: does anyone have the password to your account?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

not sure how to do that..
also, my phone is always connected to wifi and mobile data, maybe it has something to do with that?

basically turn it off and on again. Holding the power button lets you turn it off.

A constant connection isn't likely, since most phones are constantly connected anyway.

bluebbrrhythm

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site

I already did that. 3 times with no result. I had no idea its called a reboot.
I really hope its not a serious problem or at least it that it wont happen again. I love my phone,have it for 2 yrs now with zero issues.
Thank you all for your answers and if you have new opinions, please let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb