Why do all of my App's say pending?

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
App's stuck pending

I have Win 10 mobile version 10.0.10586.11 running on a Lumia 640. I'm currently unable to download updates for apps or install new apps. All apps just say "pending". I've cleared all the updates from the store app and tried to install a new app fresh but its still stuck pending. I've also noticed an excessive battery drain in the last few days and I'm wondering if this is somehow related. The phone has been running fine for a few weeks now. I've already power cycled it a few times with no effect. On or off wifi has no effect on the issue either. I'd rather now have to perform a full hardware reset of the phone.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: App's stuck pending

Hard reset might be in order? but first check if time/date/region are set correctly

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I just bought my daughter a 640 today at the Microsoft store and updated to Windows 10 and am having issues with some apps as well.

The Outlook Mail app asks for the email account so I set it up and just when it accepts it the app closes itself.
Then I open the outlook app again and it again needs me to setup the email account.

Also the People tab. When I click the "+" sign to add a contact it closes a second later.
I have not been able to add any contacts to it.

I use Windows 10 on the Nokia 1520 and Icon (929) without these problems.

I did just change my daughter's account to make her 14 when she is not so it would do the Windows Insider. But I dunno if that has anything to do with it but maybe it needs time to refresh her settings since she used a tablet etc too

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

So I had performed a full hardware reset after upgrading to Win10 and installing the SD card. It's been fine for a few weeks since I bought it. The Date/time was being set automatically and has been since I bought it. I tried installing apps to both the SD card and the device itself and neither worked. I set the time to manual mode and rebooted and now my phone won't boot. It's stuck in an endless loop, I was really hoping the 640 would be different from my 920 but after a month it's doing this kind of crap to me. I'm starting to see an iPhone in my future :-(

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

You've installed a beta OS, keep that in mind. But, in my experience the 640 variants have been very reliable on 10. Although it is a pain when you're messing around with beta OS's requiring resets etc.

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm running 10.0.10586.11 which is the same version that in on the new 950's so I don't consider it a Beta at this point. I'm going to update to install the latest slow build and hope it doesn't happen again. I was just starting to trust Windows phone again and then this happened.

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm running 10.0.10586.11 which is the same version that in on the new 950's so I don't consider it a Beta at this point. I'm going to update to install the latest slow build and hope it doesn't happen again. I was just starting to trust Windows phone again and then this happened.

Same thing happened to me, just when i started enjoying the W10M preview build it destroyed my 32GB SD card and another 32GB SD card that i bought

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Luckily my SD card is still ok, I updated to 10.0.10586.36 so we'll see how it goes. Don't like how it just randomly freaked out and went into infinity reboot.

Karen Shaw

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site

I have Win 10 mobile version 10.0.10586.11 running on a Lumia 640. I'm currently unable to download updates for apps or install new apps. All apps just say "pending". I've cleared all the updates from the store app and tried to install a new app fresh but its still stuck pending. I've also noticed an excessive battery drain in the last few days and I'm wondering if this is somehow related. The phone has been running fine for a few weeks now. I've already power cycled it a few times with no effect. On or off wifi has no effect on the issue either. I'd rather now have to perform a full hardware reset of the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo