Why does my Cortana search crash shortly after it starts?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cortana Search Crashes Shortly After Start

So I'm currently tracking down and troubleshooting some issues I'm having with the Cortana search feature on the latest build 10041.

Initially Cortana wouldn't show up at all after updating to 10041 (she had worked fine in previous builds) and I managed to get her to show up/have the window open after running the powershell command prescribed here http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-technical-preview/337063-2.htm

I thought my issues would be over but it turned out that after that the window would only briefly remain open before freezing and disappearing entirely (crashing I assume)

As it is now I have gone through and disabled every option (Webcam, Microphone, Calendar, etc.) trying to prevent the app from crashing launch, and it seemed like nothing was working until finally I disabled location. With location disabled Cortana doesn't crash, but she also wont search for anything and wont state anything other than a dialogue stating that she needs location enabled to work.

Has anyone else had any troubles with this, and if so how did they fix it?

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Cortana Search Crashes Shortly After Start

So I'm currently tracking down and troubleshooting some issues I'm having with the Cortana search feature on the latest build 10041.

Initially Cortana wouldn't show up at all after updating to 10041 (she had worked fine in previous builds) and I managed to get her to show up/have the window open after running the powershell command prescribed here http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-technical-preview/337063-2.htm

I thought my issues would be over but it turned out that after that the window would only briefly remain open before freezing and disappearing entirely (crashing I assume)

As it is now I have gone through and disabled every option (Webcam, Microphone, Calendar, etc.) trying to prevent the app from crashing launch, and it seemed like nothing was working until finally I disabled location. With location disabled Cortana doesn't crash, but she also wont search for anything and wont state anything other than a dialogue stating that she needs location enabled to work.

Has anyone else had any troubles with this, and if so how did they fix it?

Its buggy in the latest windows 10 build.Its probably gonna be solved in the next version

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lenitana