Why does my Nokia Lumia 930 have a green spot on the screen?

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 930 Green Spot on Screen

Hello all,

I recently got my 930 from expansys-USA. I was really satisfied especially because there was no defects/bugs...until now! I updated to Denim today and started noticing a small green spot on the screen near the camera button. It is a light green stain that is most noticeable on a white screen. I am really worried because it's just been a few months since I got my phone and since this is an HK country variant, the warranty doesn't apply here in the US

Can somebody help me in any direction? Can I get it repaired at a Nokia service center here in the US, since 930 is not available in USA? Or how feasible is it to send back to HK for warranty? Any other solutions - DIY display change?

One thing I noted that today before updating to Denim, my phone was on Wireless charging. I use it quite often, never noticed this problem, but today I don't know if the spot was there before updating or not. I have tried soft reset too.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 930 Green Spot on Screen

From all my experience I would tell you that it is a dead pixel.
BUT!
My lumia 630 had (in the 2nd month of the purchase) 5-6 green pixels and without doing anything they are gone.
You could take it to a service shop specifying the exact problem or you can wait for a month, and see if you are as
lucky as I were and disappear by itself. (seriously it might disappear without any reason)
If not, you might have to replace your front panel and change it with a new one from e-bay. There are many ''How to''
all over the net with step by step guides.
In my concern, I don't think it is software related as there is no relation between them.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 930 Green Spot on Screen

Yes exactly! I am starting to believe this could be due to overheating. I'm preparing to send my phone for warranty repair through expansys, but I think it'll take a lot of time to get back. Until then I'd have to use my older 920. I wanted to fix it myself and save time but I guess that's not possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo