Why does my phone dial any number automatically when in pocket and locked condition?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Phone dial any number automatically when in pocket and locked condition

Hello...I am Sudeep I am using Lumia 730 for the past 12-13 months, for the last few days I am noticing that the phone itself dialling numbers from my contact list, if its in my pocket also, people ring me back and ask if I called them, when I check my logs then it shows the dialled numbers.

The internet also gets off after an hour automatically, I have to switch off the mobile data and restart the phone everytime I want to use internet.

Please share some solution with respect to my above problems.

Thanks & Regards
Sudeep

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same issue lately. "Butt dialing" had happened a few times. I don't have anyone on speed dial, but those called are on my start screen. I can only assume it is from messages turning my screen on and then a contact being "touched" and dialed. I thought if the light sensor detected it was dark (in a pocket) it would not activate the screen. Still on 8.1 with Denim, so nothing really new.

ronnyk

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone dial any number automatically when in pocket and locked condition

I had this issue. I simply set up a password to unlock the screen. This prevents inadvertent 'butt dialling' and also mobile data toggle in the action centre from being activated/deactivated.

Hope this helps! :)

ronnyk

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone dial any number automatically when in pocket and locked condition

I had this issue. I simply set up a password to unlock the screen. This prevents inadvertent 'butt dialling' and also the mobile data toggle in the action centre from being activated/deactivated.

Hope this helps! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254