Why does my phone send text messages really slow?

BallFiore

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Phone sends texts really slowly

I update my BLU WIN HD LTE to the official release of Windows 10 Mobile last week. It's been good so far, except when it comes to texting.

Whenever I try to send a text message the text input box and send arrow will become non-responsive for about 2-4 minutes until the message appears in the thread. If I back out and re-enter the app during this time the text input box and send arrow will be cleared and responsive, but the original message will still not be there in the thread until the 2-4 minutes have passed. I have run some tests with a friend's phone to confirm that the messages are not being sent until they appear in the text message thread 2-4 minutes after I hit the send arrow. This is becoming increasingly annoying, especially if I have a new message to send to the same recipient right after I have just sent one or they reply quickly.

Can anyone confirm if this is a W10M issue, a BLU WIN HD LTE specific issue, or it's just me? Better yet, is there a solution?

BallFiore

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Phone sends texts really slowly

Welcome to Windows Central.

What carrier do you have?

Thanks! I'm with Telus in Canada.

I never had this problem when I was on WP8.1 so the problem must be due to the upgrade process or W10M. I did a hard reset after the upgrade, but I also restored my backups.

BallFiore

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Okay I think I may have figured this out. I was previously using 200% display scaling and was encountering this slow texting problem. I switched to 175% to fix a different problem and now my texts get sent instantly. I switched back and the slow texting problem reoccurred. So it looks like for whatever reason the display scaling was causing this problem for me.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this problem?

BallFiore

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Okay I think I may have figured this out. I was previously using 200% display scaling and was encountering this slow texting problem. I switched to 175% to fix a different problem and now my texts get sent instantly. I switched back and the slow texting problem reoccurred. So it looks like for whatever reason the display scaling was causing this problem for me.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this problem?

Nevermind, the problem reappeared a few hours later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium