Why doesn`t "What`s New" just update in background to match live tile?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have created three Groups in the People Hub (Friends, Family, Cousins) and pinned them to the start screen. These three live tiles update and flip to show new Facebook posts at a glance. But when I tap on a tile to open a group, none of those recent posts will actually be in the What`s New view. It says "Looking for news" and takes a minute or two to load stuff. If the Live Tile is already pulling this information to update itself, why isn`t the phone just keeping that information cached? This would make the experience feel much smoother, and more like it was in WP7 and WP8 when FB was integrated.

Am I maybe missing a setting or option somewhere?

El_Burro

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately live tiles are far from perfect. They don't exactly show the most recent information and finding the corresponding information inside the app is often difficult to locate.

dezzilak

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I also really would like this. Every native tile should have the option at least, to load in the background. Sometimes...

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Come to think of it, Windows 8 has this annoying problem as well. Even though apps can provide notifications and update a tile, you own the app and it's sitting on some old content from the last time you had it open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3