Why doesn't the Windows 10 Anniversary Update dark theme make my taskbar and start menu black?

RPSchmidt

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
So I changed my theme in colors to the dark theme; I also in-toggled the three toggles (transparency, show color on start, taskbar, and show color on title bar).

For other windows, that worked fine. For example, the Settings window is full black.

However, for some reason, my taskbar and start menu are NOT black. They are a dark gray.

I restarted my system, thinking that perhaps it needed to be restarted to fully implement the change, but no luck... the start menu, taskbar, and notifications windows are still a dark gray... very clearly not black, especially when viewed beside a window that has fully implemented the dark theme.

The preview window above the color swatches clearly shows that my start menu and taskbar SHOULD be completely black... but they aren't.

I've seen screenshots from articles on the dark theme update, and they showed a black start menu, taskbar, and notification area.

Any ideas on why this would be the case?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I changed my theme in colors to the dark theme; I also in-toggled the three toggles (transparency, show color on start, taskbar, and show color on title bar).

For other windows, that worked fine. For example, the Settings window is full black.

However, for some reason, my taskbar and start menu are NOT black. They are a dark gray.

I restarted my system, thinking that perhaps it needed to be restarted to fully implement the change, but no luck... the start menu, taskbar, and notifications windows are still a dark gray... very clearly not black, especially when viewed beside a window that has fully implemented the dark theme.

The preview window above the color swatches clearly shows that my start menu and taskbar SHOULD be completely black... but they aren't.

I've seen screenshots from articles on the dark theme update, and they showed a black start menu, taskbar, and notification area.

Any ideas on why this would be the case?

I think that's how it is by design. Mine is the same thing.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss