Why email doesn't shown graphics?

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
We should not have to hard reset to fix MS inability to deliver a useable OS

I had the same issue when I started using the 950 XL. I posted in the other thread as well and hard reset my phone. As mentioned in the other thread, I setup the phone with a fresh install, no backup. Took me all of two hours to complete.

I was not worried about pictures or texts or emails as they are all backed up and resync after a hard reset. Apps, no big deal, I just go into the store and reinstall from the list of apps in "my library". Music syncs automatically from Groove, all I had to do was download all of the songs so I was not streaming all of the time.

Not a major headache as others say/think it is, to me.

The problem seems to be on the initial setup (or the out of box experience as some call it). When the phone asks for a restore file or fresh install, most people opt for a restore because of all the data that they feel they cannot live without.

I believe that the restore from a windows phone 8.1 OS or the Windows 10 phone insider build adds some bad links to cache folders or files that do not exist on the windows 10 phone build 10586.0 released with the phones (these files and/or folders could be residing somewhere else in the OS). This would cause things like failed email graphics if the OS is looking in the wrong place for the cached data.

The hard reset and fresh install would theoretically clear up the issues as the links to the proper cache files and folders would be written instead of the possible erroneous ones from the other OS builds.

I saw the other thread a week or so ago and opted for the hard reset as I was frustrated about the email graphic issue as well. It worked for me as well as apparently stabilizing the Groove app for me.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue when I started using the 950 XL. I posted in the other thread as well and hard reset my phone. As mentioned in the other thread, I setup the phone with a fresh install, no backup. Took me all of two hours to complete.

I was not worried about pictures or texts or emails as they are all backed up and resync after a hard reset. Apps, no big deal, I just go into the store and reinstall from the list of apps in "my library". Music syncs automatically from Groove, all I had to do was download all of the songs so I was not streaming all of the time.

Not a major headache as others say/think it is, to me.

The problem seems to be on the initial setup (or the out of box experience as some call it). When the phone asks for a restore file or fresh install, most people opt for a restore because of all the data that they feel they cannot live without.

I believe that the restore from a windows phone 8.1 OS or the Windows 10 phone insider build adds some bad links to cache folders or files that do not exist on the windows 10 phone build 10586.0 released with the phones (these files and/or folders could be residing somewhere else in the OS). This would cause things like failed email graphics if the OS is looking in the wrong place for the cached data.

The hard reset and fresh install would theoretically clear up the issues as the links to the proper cache files and folders would be written instead of the possible erroneous ones from the other OS builds.

I saw the other thread a week or so ago and opted for the hard reset as I was frustrated about the email graphic issue as well. It worked for me as well as apparently stabilizing the Groove app for me.

I did a fresh install and had all of these problems. I refuse to factory reset on day 2. That is Microsoft's problem to deal with.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Nope....same....but the retarded article on WC really p****me off...are we stupid?????

LOL I hear ya.

I wish Windows Central was able to investigate more of the issues in the forum and that we tip them on, while being an advocate for us with their Microsoft contacts and respected position.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't really think it's minor when you can't interpret the email from your phone. I think it's a major functional flaw. If it's something that is important, I have to access it from the browser or another computer entirely.
I absolutely want Windows to succeed, but it does get frustrating after a while. I've been trying to keep positive since my Focus that I got when it first came out. I'm going to stick it out, but I have a much more difficult time advocating the platform when asked.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
It would be NICE if MS actually acknowledged that there is a problem and told us that a fix is on its way BEFORE Dec 26, so that we can RETURN these damn phones. AS long as we know a fix is on its way, I would keep this. But knowing MS, it might be 2018 before there is a fix.....Very frustrating....I have been the biggest advocate for Windows Phones and the platform....My company of 120 employees are all on Windows Phones. I will make sure we move on to something else if there is not a fix in place by the end of the year.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok I spoke too soon. Particular photos still don't display or load at all.

I've yet to figure out the exact circumstance that prevents some photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria