Why has my knock feature stopped working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

knock feature is not working

When I knock the screen to wake up the phone, it is not workin although the feature is enabled

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: knock feature is not working

We are not sure what device you have as we can't see it from here?

More specifics are better and will get you better help and sooner.

"Knock" is most often an Android term for what we on Windows Phone most often call Double Tap to Wake. See the confusion?

If it applies to Android, maybe try our sister site and include the model name, OS version and any changes you might have made in terms of mods... Ask a Question - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Or join this site to get the reply button privileges and add the same details about your Windows Phone in this thread...

You could also try a web search: knock to wake - Bing Add your model name for better results.

I will say my 1520.3 is a bit fussy. It wants a certain cadence. neither too fast nor too slow. I've had to train myself a bit on this screen, whereas others weren't so narrow on what they accepted. Also if you are having proximity sensor issues that can prevent the double tap from being utilized.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you changed anything lately? Gotten any updates?

Have you tried a Soft Reset? (Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates, release the buttons and it reboots.) This often clears "gunk" from the system memory and clears up minor glitches.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was LG G2 owner, But in Windows I am new. I don't think it make sense to hard reset the phone and loose all my data for just this simple feature.

Why would you loose all your data? Do you not use the backup feature? I regularly hard reset my 8x and 930 when a new update comes saves on anything going astray. Hard reset, restore from backup and boom sorted.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible that your battery level is lower than 20% or did you change something it the battery setting,
In this case the phone goes in "low energy" mode and this function may be disabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf