Why has my phone stopped uploading photos automatically?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

I've had this same phone for over 2 years now. Nokia Lumia 925. As far as I know there has been no recent update and I have changed nothing.

Yet, since 16th Oct 2015, the photos taken with my Nokia are not automatically uploading to my OneDrive (I have 9.99Gb free so it's not run out of storage).

The photos that are not uploading are marked 'Couldn't upload. Tap to retry'. Upon tapping it says 'Couldn't upload. Waiting to retry'.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Many thanks

Tim

7thSense

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I've tried that twice. Just tried again. Still same messages.

I can access my OneDrive on the phone so the phone is logging in OK too. Just not uploading photos since 16th. The only thing I can think of is that I re-installed Instagram Beta on that day looking at my photo stream. Perhaps that has screwed some setting. But uninstalling that has not solved anything.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Since I hard reset my 925 I have lost here drive and my photos don't automatically upload to my thumbnails. I now have to go through office to see where my photos are at.

I have maps now but I have to download a separate voice navigation app. This is a pain as now I have to go through several steps to get somewhere. I drive for a living.
Is there any way to retrieve Here maps? Or do I just have to deal with it.

Thanks for any help,
Pat

Last edited:

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Check and make sure WIFI on your phone didn't get turned off. As long as it's on, use the share button to force your phone to save to OneDrive. I've seen your issue a couple of times, but it resolved when I used the share button and it worked automatically after that. The only time I've ever seen the can't load prompt was when WIFI was turned off.

7thSense

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I have WiFi turned on. The share button isn't working either.

But I think there may be a problem with OneDrive and not with the phone. I just had an error message when logging in via my PC. Will try again later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb