Why is my Nokia Lumia 928 not working properly?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey guys, so I've noticed a lot of kinks in this phone since I got it about a year ago, but since updating to 8.1, the problems have gotten worse. This morning when I woke up I noticed airplane mode was on. I cant get it off, and then on top of that, my volume isn't working, and I have reason to believe the mic is dysfunctional as well, because when using the bing voice search it will not activate, and I cant record videos. Id love to say I could test the mic issue by calling someone, but alas, airplane mode cant be disabled so no calls/texts can be made.
I was told by a friend that downgrading back to 8.0 or lower could help, however I am unsure on how to do this, or unsure of where I can go online to do it.
If their is anything I can do to fix this besides sending my phone in for replacement, help would be appreciative.
I would prefer not to spend anymore money on this seeing as it hasn't lasted very long :/
Thanks in advance.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There have been some "Airplane Mode" bugs... But it should have been patched. You can't download the patch as you are stuck in airplane mode.

Use the second tool on this page to reflash your device. (Lumia Software Recovery Tool.) It should put you up to date at 8.1 + patches. FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

If that does not solve it, you would need either the repair or a trip to XDA forums (search that) to get the instructions on flashing firmware and you also have to find the right 8.0 ROM...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss