Why is my Nokia Lumia 930 losing data connection after 8.1 upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 930 losing data connection after 8.1 upgrade

My Lumia 930 is attaching to a data only LTE network, no 3G or 2G. Before on 8.0 highest connection speed selection was 2G 3G and LTE now with 8.10.142.26.359 options are 2G 3G 4G, Phone connects to network for 1-3 seconds gets an IP address and then disconnects. I checked and provider saying it is losing signal to this Phone(UE). If I toggle airplane mode phone will authenticated and attach to network for 1-3 seconds, it is like the phone is turning connection off. I am connecting to a private data only lte network. This phone connected and worked before upgrade to 8.1

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 930 losing data connection after 8.1 upgrade

I had the same issues with my at&t 1520 a while back, and ended up having to get a warranty replacement... But here's what to try first; reboot the phone (hold power and volume down together for about 10 seconds until it vibrates). If you're still having issues, I'd contact your carrier and see if there's any problems or work being done on the towers in your area. You never know, it could always be on their end.
Next step, would be to activate a new SIM card with your carrier (at&t will do this free, idk about other carriers) If that doesn't improve your connectivity, you might want to try a hard reset. First back everything up so you can restore all your apps and settings etc, then go to settings/about/reset your phone.

Once you've tried rebooting, making sure it's not on your carrier's end, activated a new SIM card, and lastly a hard reset, I'd look into your warranty status, as you may need a replacement. Evidently, as I've found out, the radios/antennas in these phones CAN go bad and become defective. What causes it, I have no idea...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb