Why is my screen freezing when it is locked?

skategrizzly

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Some smaller problems I have on my lumia 830

Hi everyone,
I have a Nokia Lumia 830 for about a month and a half now, and I must say i'm very pleased with it. It is my second smartphone, but compared to my older one it is just far far better. It is also my first WP, so I needed time to adjust myself to this operating system, but I must say it beats my previous android with ease: it is more fluent (that's the main reason i bought it), I like the way it looks (live tiles are just awesome!) and it is easier to use (there is just too much information on android main screen, at least for me). The PureView Camera is top notch for taking pictures, removeable battery and expandable storage are just a great idea. The phone all in all is awesome and beautiful, I could watch it all day doing nothing else.
But lately I have been experiencing some issues with the phone, which are not so horrible, but yet, I expect my device to be working properly, since it's new.

The problems i have experienced are following:

- once the screen just frooze while it was locked, so i removed the battery (dont know why, but it didn't crossed my mind to soft reset the phone) and powered it up again. Didn't have the same problem since then.
- back button problem yesterday. When I pressed the back button it didn't get me one step back, but it opened the "apps running in the back" screen mode, which should occure, when you hold the back button longer. So I was unable to go only a little back, I just had the option to close the application or use it from the point where i left it. I also realized that the home button was almost unresponsive, while the search button I didnt check, but it also wouldn't bother me if it wouldn't work, because I dont use it anyway. Soft reset saved the problem for now.
- data sense problem. While I did a soft reset on the previous problem, i saw that the numbers on data sense app aren't correct. So again i turned off the phone, powered it up again, was ok then.
- problem while taking a video. Sometimes when I'm taking a video, I just notice a little bit lag in some moments, maybe 2 seconds of the video and not the whole time.

This is it for now. I would really appreciate if i could get some response and opinions about my problems and what could cause them. I love the phone and i hope it wont start having more and more problems with the time. Even that I have 2 years warranty on the phone, I am not looking forward to use it if I have to. I just want a reliable phone that i can have it with me, and not in the repair shop every once and then.

P.S. I apologize for potential writting mistakes, but i'm not that good in writting in English.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Some smaller problems I have on my lumia 830

the problem while taking a video is because of the low quality sd card you use.
U need to use at last class 6(without dolby 5.1) or above

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

This is not true. I used a class 10 and I occasionally have the same problem.

skategrizzly

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

This is the one that I use: SDHC Transcend Micro 32GB C U1 UHS-I adapter 300X (capacity: 32GB, minimum download/upload speed: 45/25, compatibility: SDHC/SDXC)

How do I know the class of the card, or better yet, how do I know which SD card is sufficient for my phone?

skategrizzly

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Was digging a bit deeper on the internet today and found a related post about the video problem that bothers me and Basiluzzo. And I guess we are not the only ones having problems with this.
Apparently it is an Lumia Camera 5.0.2.51 version that is buggy, previous versions didn't have this problem, so I read in the thread (the standard Camera app should work without problems). As I didn't use much my camera for videos till the update to the latest version, I can't say if the problem is just now or was there before.
But clearly, it is an software related issue and u can't avoid it no matter which SD card you use, even if you store the videos on internal storage of the phone..it just doesn't go away. I think the problem should be pointed out to the Microsoft, so they will fix the bug or release another update without this problem. The other solution could be a way to downgrade the app to the previous versions. Till anything of that happens, I guess we're going to have to live with the bug, or start taking videos with the standard Camera app.

The link to the thread is here (user oudoulj perfectly describes my problem): discussions.nokia.com/t5/Lumia/Lumia-830-problem-with-Lumia-Camera-video/td-p/3084422

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos