Why is there no option to print wirelessly in my Lumia 650?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why is there no option to print wirelessly in my lumia 650?

I've just got an HP Envy wireless printer and according to operating instructions for the printer, I should be able to print wirelessly with a Microsoft windows 10 phone, but I can't. I can see no option to print anywhere in the 'photos' app on the phone.
I've looked in the app store for something that might let me print, but every time I think I've found an app it says 'not compatible with your device.

Phil

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is there no option to print wirelessly in my lumia 650?

I can't find any Print option in Photos but what I did notice is that you can create a Word document in, well, Word, and Insert a Photo into it.

You can Print from there.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Rather than "print", would the option be to share? Would you have to use the Gadgets hub first to pair up the phone with the printer?

Edit:
If you can print over wireless, is it done through Bluetooth or over the air?

Do you pair it with NFC?

Just things to think about.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is there no option to print wirelessly in my lumia 650?

I never use word, but looking at it I can't see anything about inserting a photo.

While looking at a document:
Expand the ribbon.
Select "Home", which should expand to reveal various options, Insert being among them.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've just got an HP Envy wireless printer and according to operating instructions for the printer, I should be able to print wirelessly with a Microsoft windows 10 phone, but I can't. I can see no option to print anywhere in the 'photos' app on the phone.
I've looked in the app store for something that might let me print, but every time I think I've found an app it says 'not compatible with your device.

Phil

Does HP have an app for this. Brother does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv