Why is W10M Cortana so bad?

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Almost everything in win10 mobile is unfinished and garbage. they took a perfect stable 8.1 OS and rebooted it into a wreck. And the most ugly thing is that they are selling three phones to the public with this buggy beta OS while nowhere is specified that it is a beta OS, all thre phones do not contain in their spec sheet any info that the OS on them is beta. nice try for MS...not everyone is aware of the insider program. I have lived to see the day when MS would sell an unfinished product to the masses while pretending it's stable and ready to go.

Hey Windows 10 Mobile has been stable since .11 preview as i noticed on my L520 & L640XL. And i dont think its a preview or beta OS MS has been pushing to the market because the "Preview" has been removed from the insider release since .11 (you can notice that if you check the about -> settings.) I'm currently running .63 on my L520 & L640XL and it runs smooth just that most of the apps like the topic says dont run fine or well.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
For me, Cortana is a car crash!! How the hell can a beta be so much better? I have major issues with live tile, search, notifications etc the live tile will not 'flip' unless you chose news headlines. I don't need the news, it's depressing. I select sport as an interest, and still get news headline, even though I have cancelled the interest hours ago! I have tracking turned on. I put a flight in I need to watch, I'm a cab driver, it shows on the interest screen but do I get updates??? Do I hell! Can't track a parcel either. Live tile dies after 4-5 mins and have to leave start, go somewhere else, and come back before it works again. This happens on every device I have in my business. 2x640, a 930, 2x950's ( yeah, I know ) a 550, 2x640xl and my lovely 1320. Microsoft told me to soft reset. How many times do you have to tell them you aren't stupid!!

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
For me, Cortana is a car crash!! How the hell can a beta be so much better? I have major issues with live tile, search, notifications etc the live tile will not 'flip' unless you chose news headlines. I don't need the news, it's depressing. I select sport as an interest, and still get news headline, even though I have cancelled the interest hours ago! I have tracking turned on. I put a flight in I need to watch, I'm a cab driver, it shows on the interest screen but do I get updates??? Do I hell! Can't track a parcel either. Live tile dies after 4-5 mins and have to leave start, go somewhere else, and come back before it works again. This happens on every device I have in my business. 2x640, a 930, 2x950's ( yeah, I know ) a 550, 2x640xl and my lovely 1320. Microsoft told me to soft reset. How many times do you have to tell them you aren't stupid!!

whoa...lot of windows phones you got there

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
whoa...lot of windows phones you got there

Yep. Every one in my house has one! My kids love them to. They never seem to moan about not having the games they want either. We also have some for our drivers. They are android users for personal stuff, but they love the 640's and the 550's as they are so straight forward and easy to use. They like not having to hunt for for stuff as it's all on the start screen for them and not having to reboot every hour or so! Lol :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4