Why isn't my Glance screen showing day and date after updating to Windows 10 mobile?

W

WPCentral Question

My Glance screen not showing day and date after updating to windows 10 mobile.

I have a lumia 920. Is there a way to get that back the way it works in Windows Phone 8.1?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Glance screen not showing day and date after updating to windows 10 mobile.

Have you checked your phone Settings > Extras ? Glance screen? There is an option to toggle showing the date on and off in there.

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.

oxy1331

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Glance screen not showing day and date after updating to windows 10 mobile.

It only shows the day of week, not the day of month and the month like it did in WP 8.1. I miss this feature as well :unhappy:

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It's only showing the day and not the date on glance screen since the first build they released for insiders even today. Full date is clearly better than only showing the day on glance screen.
As of now, they only put the full date on the 950's.

Vote for the feedback to BRING back the Full date on Glance screen in the Feedback app!
Let us UNITE for justice!

We are missing the Full dates on 8.1 (day, dd/mm/yyyy)

Megatronus66

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

They should also add the feature to apply custom images as glance background as the glance background beta app is unavailable for months.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Sending these information in the Windows Feedback app may get us somewhere. :smile:

Megatronus66

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

Well I'm not an insider so please would you do that for us.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Calling all Windows Insiders for mobile. Please join us in our revolution to save and return the full date on our glance screen! *^^*

Megatronus66

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

I performed an hard reset after installing the official windows 10 update and didn't updated the glance screen app,installed the glance background beta app and all seems to work again!(I've decided that I'll never update the glance app until it enables the feature of manually selecting images as glance background).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99