Why isn't my phone connecting to my laptop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Phone not connecting to laptop.

Hi all,

I have a problem where my phone is no longer connecting to my laptop. I'm sure it's the phone that is at fault because I have tried it with other PCs and laptops and it isn't recognised there either and I've also tried other devices with my laptop that connect no problem.

I've also ensured that the phone isn't locked when it's connected and tried restarting both the laptop and the phone several times.

I have a lot of music on my phone that I don't want to lose, like old demos and live versions and stuff from bands that would be difficult to find again and I really don't want to lose it, unfortunately my laptop was wiped a little while ago so this is the only place I now have a copy of these. If I could just transfer my music on to my laptop I would be happy wiping my phone and starting again. Can anyone help?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone not connecting to laptop.

Hi all,

I have a problem where my phone is no longer connecting to my laptop. I'm sure it's the phone that is at fault because I have tried it with other PCs and laptops and it isn't recognised there either and I've also tried other devices with my laptop that connect no problem.

I've also ensured that the phone isn't locked when it's connected and tried restarting both the laptop and the phone several times.

I have a lot of music on my phone that I don't want to lose, like old demos and live versions and stuff from bands that would be difficult to find again and I really don't want to lose it, unfortunately my laptop was wiped a little while ago so this is the only place I now have a copy of these. If I could just transfer my music on to my laptop I would be happy wiping my phone and starting again. Can anyone help?

one common suggestion has been to change the USB cable. Use a new one and see if that works across different pcs. Alternative would be to send files via bluetooth (which can take time) or upload them to a drive online

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Another tactic is to upload all from phone to OneDrive and retrieve it from there to Laptop.

Hope you don't have a bad port on your phone. :(

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should have OneDrive App on your phone > It should already have a Music folder... You could upload to there or create a new sub-folder labeled "phone."

Inside the folder where you want to preserve your music simply tap on + (Add) > navigate to the location of the files and upload them.

They should appear when you next open Browser on your laptop and go to OneDrive. You can then download them or just rely on the sync to have access via internet (stream).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss