Why no Pohto

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Something I don't understand is why didn't the WP7 team allow to use some sort of photo or a snap of the Month in the calendar tile. Or there is and I'm missing the boat on it.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That just doesn't really make sense, it isn't a common feature. Should the Maps tile also update to a picture of the building you're in? Should the Messaging tile update to your latest picture message? Should the Marketplace tile update to a snap of the latest popular app?

Not all tiles are going to feature a photo.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That just doesn't really make sense, it isn't a common feature. Should the Maps tile also update to a picture of the building you're in? Should the Messaging tile update to your latest picture message? Should the Marketplace tile update to a snap of the latest popular app?

Not all tiles are going to feature a photo.

A) Why are you so hostile?
B) Doesn't sound like he's asking for a live tile, just pre-loaded seasonal pics or the ability to use our own pics.
C) Would that be so bad? (assuming we had the option to turn it off)

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
didnt sound hostile to me, but i dont understand the relivance of the issue either...? there might be an app that allows you to further customize tiles coming out

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't being hostile at all...just simply pointing out that this is something that isn't featured normally on calendar apps and wouldn't be thought of or implemented in the first place. Just because he thought of something he'd like to see in the OS doesn't mean it should be there.

The Pictures tile lets you choose a background/tile picture. How is that any different? It's even a wide tile like the Calendar.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying a picture or only a picture. It's a long tile rather a double tile my thought was having the MO in that tile.it's a big waste you get the day number and day the other side says calender. the rest of the space is blank. so to me having something in there is logical.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine isn't blank. It has my next appointment written in it. In fact, now that I think about it, my next appointment would be kind of hard to read through a random picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc