Why oh why are there no Lumia Phones available in Cyan???

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
This has become a pet peeve of mine !!!

Many Models have bright Yellow, Orange, Green, Red........why did Nokia stop making Phone Bodies in the colour Cyan???????

They sell speakers, Portable Power Supply/Chargers, even Monster still has the color available for headphones.

I would like to get a Nokia Lumia 1320, but I want it in Cyan ( not the update).

Why why why???? Anyone know if Microsoft will release any new phones with this colour body as the blue is a Microsoft accent colour yes???

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Many Models have bright Yellow, Orange, Green, Red........why did Nokia stop making Phone Bodies in the colour Cyan???????

They sell speakers, Portable Power Supply/Chargers, even Monster still has the color available for headphones.

I would like to get a Nokia Lumia 1320, but I want it in Cyan ( not the update).

Why why why???? Anyone know if Microsoft will release any new phones with this colour body as the blue is a Microsoft accent colour yes???

Lumia colour is following current trends. This years colour like red, cobalt, emerald, yellow white orange are popular. While cyan and magenta colour popular back in 2012.
If you urge for cyan colour why not try using softcover coloured cyan or else while using cobalt colour on your cases

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia colour is following current trends. This years colour like red, cobalt, emerald, yellow white orange are popular. While cyan and magenta colour popular back in 2012.
If you urge for cyan colour why not try using softcover coloured cyan or else while using cobalt colour on your cases

So basically, Cyan is soooo 2012 (;

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
You can buy a Lumia 630 with cricket service for under $100. Send me a pm if you are in the USA and want more information.

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Its pretty stupid on Microsoft's part to have discontinue cyan color.I had Cyan 520 And it was awesome. Dont know why Microsoft would make such a stupid decision. Atleast provide optional cyan back covers.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Its pretty stupid on Microsoft's part to have discontinue cyan color.I had Cyan 520 And it was awesome. Dont know why Microsoft would make such a stupid decision. Atleast provide optional cyan back covers.

Wanting them to lose money to make a color that hardly anyone buys would be stupid too...

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Wanting them to lose money to make a color that hardly anyone buys would be stupid too...

However as I said in my first post, they still sell accessories in cyan.......NFC Speaker System, Headphones, Portable Charger......

So thet have a range of items that can not be matched to a phone.........
61WejrwCeIL._SX425_.jpg

coloud-boom-nokia-headphones-wh-530-cyan-p40250-300.jpg

WH-920-cyan-png.png

tamp.jpg

To be honest how much does is cost to produce a back cover for a phone???? We are not talking an amount of money in the millions.
When Nokia started it's push into Windows Phone 8 Cyan was a signature colour for them.....so much so it is still used in accessories and is one of the Theme colors in all Lumias.

It boggles the mind !!!!!!!!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Do they do "Match" pots of paint where you live, these are small pots of paint you can get mixed to any colour, with a coat of clear lacquer on top after a bit of prep work I am sure you could end up with any colour you like (But I do advise taking the cover off before trying this and to be honest it would be best if you tried it on a spare back just in case the paint caused the plastic to melt).

And I would guess they are still selling Cyan accessories because they have ton's left in stock because no one wants them.

This is why I ended up with a free Cyan keyboard for my Surface Pro, if I wanted any other colour I had to pay for it, this should tell you something :wink:

Bob

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

They simply following the trend dude.

Face it. Our phone OEM may have lost it former thorne but they still keep the design up to date with following trend unlike it's competitor.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Do they do "Match" pots of paint where you live, these are small pots of paint you can get mixed to any colour, with a coat of clear lacquer on top after a bit of prep work I am sure you could end up with any colour you like (But I do advise taking the cover off before trying this and to be honest it would be best if you tried it on a spare back just in case the paint caused the plastic to melt).

And I would guess they are still selling Cyan accessories because they have ton's left in stock because no one wants them.

This is why I ended up with a free Cyan keyboard for my Surface Pro, if I wanted any other colour I had to pay for it, this should tell you something :wink:

Bob

To paint would be an option for someone with some talent......something I fear I lack, as I do not have a steady hand. I am not sure where I would even go to get a small amount of Paint mixed up.

I would have to use Automotive grade paint yes??????? Then a Lacquer coat after.......I guess I would also need to start with a White back 1320 for best result.

I just wish Nokia/Microsoft would release some Cyan replacement covers......

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

You're not the only one. The 730, 830, and 930 would've looked great in cyan, red, or yellow but because Nokia did some bs "market research" that told them that people want orange and green phones they decided that meant to only give us orange and green phones. Don't get me wrong, green and orange are nice colors (for Halloween) but when they're the only colors it gets old very fast.

Hopefully with MS running the show we'll see the return of cyan, yellow, and red.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria