why oh why cortana is not working in other languages than english, on band 2?

lovesurface

May 3, 2013
Visit site
got band 2 from uk.
I use a lot cortana on my lumia 1520.. then I was ready, finally to show off and talk to cortana from my wrist but,,,
life isnt fair or easy... why band 2 action button do nothing if I press it, when language is set to italian? telephone language is italian, band 2 is in italia not through an app (like the great pimp my band) but as a native option.
only

the only thing it has to do is send my voice to the phone that will understand it and act.

but no. it doesent workl...

any suggestion or help?

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So it's a fact then, it doesn't work in other languages than English? I just reset my Band 2 to try to fix this. Luckily everything seems to work as before (except Cortana, well). I read some scary stories about not syncing right, which it did for me, and was afraid I'd broken something that didn't need fixing.

In any case, it would be important to have this feature for non-US speakers too. Let's petition or bug MS or something.

You have to put the band in english. I have the phone and Cortana in spanish, set the band 2 in english and it works perfectly well.

The drawback for this, and I guess it's the only one I've found out by testing is, is that the Band 2's dictionary is in english, so you won't be able to reply properly with texts. It does work with Cortana dictation, seeing that it does the speech to text translation in the phone and it uses its own language setting.
This is all very weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte