Why there is a data usage for the app called "UNINSTALLED APP"

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have found that an app named "UNINSTALLED APP" is using my data regularly (both on WIFI and Mobile internet. I don't know what this app is and what are the functions of this app. The icon for this app is just as SETTINGS icon.

I am really confused like how this is even possible if we have uninstalled any app from our mobile and is using the data.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Its supposed to mean that an app previously on the phone used data but was uninstalled so the phone puts the data used under the Uninstalled App label rather than the original name.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have found that an app named "UNINSTALLED APP" is using my data regularly (both on WIFI and Mobile internet. I don't know what this app is and what are the functions of this app. The icon for this app is just as SETTINGS icon.

I am really confused like how this is even possible if we have uninstalled any app from our mobile and is using the data.

is the data used changing for that? It must be a fixed value or reducing.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Paul Peters1

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem. "Unistalled app" downloaded almost 1.5GB of mobile data... which is really essential....
I didnt delete any applications.
I used hot spot, but there is no such article in the list

HELP!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss