Why won't my phone charge or boot?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Phone won't even boot/charge!

Hi!

So yesterday my slow ring Windows 10 Preview Lumia 920 ran out of battery so as soon as I got home I plugged it in. About 3 hours later when I went to check it out I noticed it wasn't even going through the software boot screen. The phone was vibrating, the Nokia logo was showing up, followed by the "low red battery charging" icon and a black screen for some seconds. Then, the phone restarted and did the same loop over and over again. So I tried to soft/hard reset it and nothing happened (I think there isn't enough time for the system to process a reset anyway as it reboots so fast).

As much as I needed the alarm clock for today's morning (I was even late for work) I gave up and went to sleep. This morning I tried plugging the phone in again at work and since morning the Nokia screen shows up for just a couple of milliseconds, followed by a phone restart again and again and again. I left it like this for about 1 more hour to go to lunch but when I came back it was still doing this and no phone working. It's impossible it doesn't have enough power to boot the OS as I left it plugged in many times hoping something would happen. I believe it's a software issue with Windows 10's resource allocation priority for boot or something.

This is the second time this happens to me. The first time I was able to charge it while I was asleep by forcing the charge leaving it plugged in.

I'd like to know your opinion on what to do in a situation like this please?

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone won't even boot/charge!

Hi!

So yesterday my slow ring Windows 10 Preview Lumia 920 ran out of battery so as soon as I got home I plugged it in. About 3 hours later when I went to check it out I noticed it wasn't even going through the software boot screen. The phone was vibrating, the Nokia logo was showing up, followed by the "low red battery charging" icon and a black screen for some seconds. Then, the phone restarted and did the same loop over and over again. So I tried to soft/hard reset it and nothing happened (I think there isn't enough time for the system to process a reset anyway as it reboots so fast).

As much as I needed the alarm clock for today's morning (I was even late for work) I gave up and went to sleep. This morning I tried plugging the phone in again at work and since morning the Nokia screen shows up for just a couple of milliseconds, followed by a phone restart again and again and again. I left it like this for about 1 more hour to go to lunch but when I came back it was still doing this and no phone working. It's impossible it doesn't have enough power to boot the OS as I left it plugged in many times hoping something would happen. I believe it's a software issue with Windows 10's resource allocation priority for boot or something.

This is the second time this happens to me. The first time I was able to charge it while I was asleep by forcing the charge leaving it plugged in.

I'd like to know your opinion on what to do in a situation like this please?

i assumption is you have bricked your phone , its stuck on reboot loop, only solution ROLL BACK TO 8.1 .

Thanks for your patience.

tatazildo

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

Is it possible to do this with the Software Recovery Tool? I've done this once, what I mean with my question is will the phone work correctly as it's not turning on in any way? Even USB connected?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

I am having this problem with my laptop. It doesn't even power on. Just three LED blinks in Red and shut off. Not even charging :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss