Why won't my surface book turn on/charge?

Jamesbarnett28

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
So i have the i7, 16gb ram, 500gb hdd surface book and after i got done using it last night I unplugged it from my surface dock but i didnt shut it down. I just locked it. Today when i came home it would not turn on. I plugged in the charger and the led light comes on, but it does not show the giant charging battery on the screen like it usually does. I tried holding down the power vutton for the seconds and turning it on but nothing happened. I then tried the two button shut down but still nothing happened. So then i tried removing the clipboard to see if the battery was dead and it came off fine. Charged the clipped board but still no gian charging battery on the screen. Left it charging for 45mins anyways. Came back still wont turn on even with two button shut down. Backlight and usb slots on the keyboard wont work either so i dont know what the problem is. I have been searching youtube and google all day and tried everything. Even tried contacting surface support but im currently in the philippines going to college so i cant get through even after waiting for 2hrs. There are no microsoft stores near me and they dont even sell surface books here so i really need help if anyone can offer it. Im an IT student so i really need my laptop for my classes. If anyone can help me then i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Try these and see if one of these methods works:

• Press-hold power button 30 seconds

• Press and hold volume up
  • Press and hold power
  • Wait 15 seconds

• Press-hold volume up
  • Press-release power
  • Release volume up when Surface logo appears

• Press-hold volume down
  • Press-release power
  • Release volume down when Surface logo or UFEI screen appears

Hopefully one of these four methods will work for you if you haven't gotten it going yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb