Will Hard Reset Lumia 920 causes it to brick?

HSLimMic

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I heard that back in the December if anyone were to perform Hard Reset on their Lumia 920, this will causes it to brick.
Can anyone confirm if this is still there?

Thanks,

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I heard that back in the December if anyone were to perform Hard Reset on their Lumia 920, this will causes it to brick.

Thanks,

I did that to a post portico Lumia 920 and no brick. But I heard there are people who didn't even brick theirs before portico. So, no idea if it is safe

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Thanks,
Mine did but this was pre-portico, not sure if it still would.

kclub

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine was on the spinning gear for hours and I pressed three buttons to hard reset couple times and brought it back. It was post-portico.

HSLimMic

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback,
seems like post-portico is safer.

You guys are so adventurous lol, for trying the Hard-reset.
Nevertheless, thanks for sharing :)

johnfishcurtis

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Have an issue with my 920 turning itself off every couple of days needing a soft reset to turn it back on.

I did a hard reset at 8am and it still showing "cogs" 4.5 hours later.............HELP !!!!!

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have a SIM installed, have you tried removing it? Worked for mine. Within 10 minutes of removing it, the phone restarted and was fine. I had the spinning gears for quite awhile.

johnfishcurtis

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Have done the 3 button reset.

Its now flashing with a red battery warning even though its been plugged into the charger. Then after 20seconds it turns off again.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

Thanks,

I am now on my 3rd Lumia 920. Both of my previous phones were after the Portico update and bricked.

Smileymtl

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone since Halloween and did 3 hard resets. First one pre-portico bricked. Did one hard reset post-portico that did not brick and I did one last night that did brick. I had to flash it to bring it back both times it got stuck at the gears. Seems random.

johnfishcurtis

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The phone is displaying a low battery and charge symbol (and has done for 3hours now whilst plugged in). Phone stays in this state unless I soft/hard reset, which then causes cogs.
No phone since 8am.

I presume this is "bricked", if so, what are my options?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I did it post portico and it bricked. I got a replacement. Hoping I never have to hard reset, but I will do it at least once a couple months before warranty expires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb